Release - FSMap

• Aerosoft

FSMap is an application that brings paper charts into the digital age. It consists of two parts that can be used separate or together; the main FSMap program and the FSMap gauge that will be part of your aircraft panel. Both can function as a Moving Map with additional features like TCAS etc.

The demo version is time limited (30 days) and only contains the detailed chart for Germany West. To get the demo version of FSMap follow this procedure:

* Download the demo version of the file http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/fsmap/AS...AP_100_DEMO.zip

* Navigate to the Trial Key Page http://www.fsmap.net/Trial.asp , enter your name and email address

* You will be send a Trial Key by email

* Install the product and enter the Trial Key, FSMap is now operational

There is no reason not to try FSMap, the installer is absolutely State of the Art and removing the product is as easy as installing it. We will fully support the trial version on the forums

FSMap features:

• Fully licensed VFR charts for Austria, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland included (okay and Luxembourg…)

• Extensive map filtering for a type for maps (General, IFR, VFR, Airport) and then filter by IFR and VFR maps (General and Airport types are always) displayed.

• Loads default FS flight plans and displays them on top of the charts

• Every chart you got in bitmap format can be imported, from large scale enroute charts to the most detailed taxi charts (for example all USA sectionals and airport charts found on Avsim and other internet websites)

• Can import maps from FSMoving Map

• Shows ALL traffic and controllers from IVAO and VatSim in real time

• Options to export regions to share with others

• Easy to add and calibrate charts so they can be used

• The gauge can be inserted into any panel using very easy interface (no editing of panel files needed)

• The FSMap application connects to FSX using SimConnect, FS2004 and FS2002 connect via FSUIPC (registered version required).

• The FSMap application can be run on a separate computer using SimConnect for FSX or WideFS for FS2004 and FS2002 (registered version WideFS required)

• Highly professional development (like FS Flight Keeper)

• Trial version available (fully functional for 30 days and only covers Germany West, otherwise the installer would be too large)

005.jpg

TACS information (shown in the FSMap gauge).

006.jpg

Traffic Alert over Frankfurt (shown in the FSMap gauge).

007.jpg

FSMap gauge menu structure.

008.jpg

FSMap main gauge, showing IVAO traffic and flightplan.

009.jpg

Parked at gate.

010.jpg

IVAO traffic and controllers (of course it can show VatSim as well)

• Aerosoft

I just got two mails asking if FSMap covers the UK (and if not, why not). Well it does not cover it in the version we sell right now, but of course if you got access to bitmap charts they can be imported very easy.

The 'why not' is important to understand. Getting the license the charts for one country costs thousands of euro's. If we would cover 5 more countries is would immediately double the price (while keeping the margin for the developer and Aerosoft the same). If we would cover the whole of Europe you would be looking at a 200+ Euro product. So we made a choice based on our most important markets.

Getting fully licensed charts assures the product is fully legal (of course) but also that the quality of the charts is the best possible. See the sample below (you need to be logged on to see the attachment)

• Aerosoft
Hello,

I wanted to start the Demo but it asked for a registration key !

Where ist it ?

Bernhard Scharbert

Ahhh yes, I will add that info to the page. Sorry;

The demo version is time limited (30 days) and only contains the detailed chart for Germany West. To get the demo version of FSMap follow this procedure:

* Download the demo version of the file http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/fsmap/AS...AP_100_DEMO.zip

* Navigate to the Trial Key Page http://www.fsmap.net/Trial.asp , enter your name and email address

There is no reason not to try FSMap, the installer is absolutely State of the Art and removing the product is as easy as installing it. We will fully support the trial version on the forums

I just ordered the download version ... install went well, but I didn't receive mail with a key, only the order confirmation from Saferpay ...

I mailed it to you, thanks!

• Aerosoft
I just ordered the download version ... install went well, but I didn't receive mail with a key, only the order confirmation from Saferpay ...

I mailed it to you, thanks!

I checked and all orders have got keys attached to them, if the mail comes in late you can always see the code and download link on your order history page of course.

I checked and all orders have got keys attached to them, if the mail comes in late you can always see the code and download link on your order history page of course.

Thanks, Mathijs, I already did that ... but this key is too short ... it has 19 characters, but after filling in those 19 chars, a complete 4 char field is still empty ...

• Aerosoft

Thanks, Mathijs, I already did that ... but this key is too short ... it has 19 characters, but after filling in those 19 chars, a complete 4 char field is still empty ...

* Download the demo version of the file http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/fsmap/AS...AP_100_DEMO.zip (you done that)

* Download the demo version of the file http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/fsmap/AS...AP_100_DEMO.zip (you done that)

Thanks, but no - I downloaded the "full version" ( file AS_FSMAP.zip ) via the link I got after the order via credit card was completed.

You are saying I should still download the trial version and use THAT key for the full version? Sorry about the confusion ...

• Aerosoft
You are saying I should still download the trial version and use THAT key for the full version? Sorry about the confusion ...

Ahhh okay. Sorry for the confusion. it's all explained on the product page of course.

To buy a fully licensed download version of FSMap follow this procedure:

* Remove the demo version (if already installed) of FSMap using the standard Windows method

* Buying is simple, just add it to your cart and do all the handling of payment (Credit Card and PayPal accepted). Keep in mind that if you are located outside the EEC you do not pay VAT!

* On the screen where you see that the payment has been done you will find a download link. Download AND SAVE this file to a secure location

* While you are doing this, an email is being sent to you to confirm the order. This email contains a order code (you can always find your code and the download link in the shop under Your Account - Your Order Details - Downloads)

* Navigate to the Registration Page http://www.fsmap.net/GetKey.asp and enter the order code we have send you.

* You will be send a Registration Key by email

* Enter the code (see the manual) and FSMap is now fully operational.

Please note that this sounds complex but it is not. It can all be completed in minutes and we have used it to sell FS Flight Keeper for a long time without any problem (and without any customer complaints). This protection scheme will NOT lock you out of the software you bought in any way.

* Navigate to the Registration Page http://www.fsmap.net/GetKey.asp and enter the order code we have send you.

* You will be send a Registration Key by email

* Enter the code (see the manual) and FSMap is now fully operational.

Stupid me, never reading the readmes ... sorry, Mathijy, I confused the serial key with the registration key ... I just ordered myself a reg key!

( for the record : I never installed the demo, I believe you that the thing is good ... :lol: )

* now waiting for the reg key to arrive via e-mail *

If those posts of mine here are confusing, just remove'em all :D

Have to note a bug with the registration key, though ... copying / pasting works ... however MANUALLY entering the key yields something weird :

For reasons unknown the second and third character in the first field where NOT accepted (as if the keyboard was dead - which it wasn't of course ) - no Caps/Lock thing ... it just wouldn't let me enter the correct keys ... reproducable (!) ... it DID work with all the other fields ...

Well, no biggie though, as copying / pasting worked fine :D

Most probably your Registry is not up to date. The FS9 installer creates a key under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0

The key name is "EXE Path". If this key is missing FSMap will not be able to find your installation. There is a tool available to fix this problem. Visit http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library and download the "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool".

Hope this helps

Thomas

Have been playing with this thing for a while now ...

Marvellous, nicely done, Thomas & Team ...

Tons of options, still, no need to go through the manual to get the thing running (lol!)

Everything self-explanatory ... good stuff!

( I like the option to have the map north-fixed... )

• Aerosoft
Have been playing with this thing for a while now ...

Marvellous, nicely done, Thomas & Team ...

Tons of options, still, no need to go through the manual to get the thing running (lol!)

Everything self-explanatory ... good stuff!

( I like the option to have the map north-fixed... )

North Fixed is also a bit easier on your framerate, rotating massive bitmaps as FSMap can do (even it uses some of the fastest, most expensive, subroutines for that) is hard on the system.

Does it work with Vista64 and does the TCAS plays alert sounds (traffic, climb etc.)?

And is it necessary to run the external application to use the gauge?

Thanks in advance!

Downloaded FSMap with no trouble and even got it to run watching all the chaps flying over Germany - simply brilliant :D . Even can see me taking off from EDGT - so cool :lol:

Then I decided it was time to put the gauge into one of the Beavers (British Army) - got the attached message when I selected the aircraft right at the start :cry:

Anybody any clue as to what I've done wrong please.

Even with this Thomas it's fantastic - very many thanks for all the hard work you've done for us!

Kind Regards,

Cliff

Hi,

can you please give some more details about your system and FSX. Have you tried some other aircraft? If I remember right the Aerosoft Beaver does not have a 2D panel, so how did you add FSMap to this aircraft?

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Running FSX on XP. I'm at work at the moment so having to do this from memory. I opened the manage gauge and the aircraft were listed there. I tunnelled down to the Beaver British Army and right clicked on it. Below that there was a FSMap sub folder. When I installed the gauge the gauge alone appeared on the right hand side of the screen. I saved it and then tried to open FSX. When I got to select the aircraft I got the error message.

I've still got to try it on an aircraft with a 2D panel. In addition to that I need to migrate my system onto a larger drive so it's all going to get rebuilt anyway. I've had nothing but minor problems since I installed SP2, didn't like what it did, and uninstalled it so I could well be the maker of my own problems :D

I mounted a second monitor on my graphics card (Nvidia 7600 GS 256 MB) and loaded the trike. I could see that move and all the corner information boxes kept track of it as well.

I'm pretty sure the rebuild will take care of everything. I just hoped that what I saw was something you knew about and answer with a 'turn this off and that on' sort of reply.

Kind Regards,

Cliff

Edit: Wishful thinking on graphics card memory size.

• Aerosoft
It could be that uninstalling SP2 left something, which might cause this problem. But lets try it first on another aircraft. Do you have FS9 installed? If so can you try the Gauge there.

Thanks

Thomas

I will try it in the mean time on the beaverX, could very well be the fact it does not have a 2d panel. if so we could solve it from that end.

I already tried it and it works fine on my FSX with SP1 or SP2. Except for the fact that FS always maximizes the FSMap gauge and this is caused by the missing main 2d panel. Maybe we could modify the VC and replace the GPS with FSMap. ;)

Regards

Thomas

it could be that uninstalling SP2 left something, which might cause this problem.

I think you're right!! :D I was a bit suspicious before I installed it and so created a restore point. When it stopped me loading the Do-27 I rolled it back to the restore point. So there actually wasn't an 'uninstall' in the true sense of the word. :oops:

Sorry Thomas but I've only got FSX installed. When I built the PC I wanted to keep it as lean as possible.

Before I start the rebuild I'll try it on an aircraft with a 2D panel and let you know how it goes - that should be sometime this afternoon (we don't work Friday afternoons)

Kind Regards,

Cliff[