Suggestion, if I may

TrevorS

Just purchased the DC8. I have spent a number of hours studying the plane and am beginning to thoroughly enjoy it. Getting the airplane engines going from cold and dark was a huge hurdle for me to clear, but after spending time I have fully mastered it and can do it with confidence. From paging through numerous realworld aircraft manuals I can see just how accurate everything is - well done and my sincere thanks to the developer (I believe it's Michael). I have also managed, after spending a few hours, to master the fuel system.

Now my two suggestions if I may:

1.  Could you please add a tooltip so when you move the mouse over the IAS gauge and the Mach speed gauge that you get an actual speed/mach read-out.

2.  The engine thrust, at slower speeds below M0.6, is too much. The plane climbs too quickly, according to the manuals I have, below 20 000 feet. Could the thrust in this area be decreased somewhat ?  Above 20 000 feet the climb speeds appear to match the manuals.

Once again, thank you. This plane has increased the enjoyment of my hobby (especially now during lockdown!!).

Regards

Trevor

Archived