DC-8 Loader

steezer10

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if I'm just dumb or uneducated on the DC-8 but when I press shift-3 to load the cargo (cargo variant of the DC-8), I cannot click or scroll up any of the main cargo, or the forward/aft cargo.

http://prntscr.com/rmstce

I can move the fuel values, but I don't think they change the actual fuel because when I press Shift Z it's still at 100%, gross weight does not change, and forward/aft cargo always at 0 they don't move.

EDIT: I've seen this post 

It matches exactly what my issue is, and I've installed the XMLTools, the .dll is in my P3D root folder already. This issue still occurs.

• Developer

Hello, sorry you're having problems with this. 

The cause is almost certainly a bad install of XMLTools.  I removed the dll from my root folder to test and the result is as you describe -- you can't change the cargo values and the fuel numbers change but don't actually do anything since the weight remains the same. 

You need not only the dll in your root P3D folder but also the correct entry written in your dll.xml file.  This file should be at the following location (taken from my setup): C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Here is the text from my dll.xml file:

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Ignore the entries related to FSUIPC, but make sure you have the rest.  Either the installer couldn't find the file, or perhaps another addon corrupted it.   Let us know if this information fixes the problem for you or if you need further help. 

Would this be root P3D or the AppData - Roaming P3D folder? Just in case, in my root P3D Folder which is in another hard drive, the dll does not exist. So I made a dll.xml in there.

But also there is a dll.xml file already in the AppData p3d folder when I don't have p3d installed there, so I copy and pasted it in both files.

EDIT: It works yay!

Is there any other lighting for the engineer's panel and the center pedestal during night time? It's quite dim could use some background lighting. Or I'm wondering if i'm missing out on a switch that I can't find. 

• Developer

You just need to find the switches.  There are a number of light switches on the overhead, one of which is marked for the pedestal -- that's for the integral back lighting.   There is also a floodlight switch on the ceiling further back that lights a red floodlight for the pedestal. 

For the engineer's panel you've got two working light switches, one marked INST PANEL WHITE and another marked WHITE FLOOD.                

Archived