Left MCDU Engine Unknown after Reset/Load

958SierraCharlie

I frequently see my left MCDU in the Aerosoft Airbus 321 start up with Engine = "Unknown" after I load or reset a flight in FSX:SE. I'm using the genuine Aerosoft distribution (not from Steam), and I'd appreciate your assistance in resolving this.

I'm learning that the Aerosoft A320 is kinda temperamental, just like the "real thing"...

On 2/3/2020 at 3:09 PM, 958SierraCharlie said:

I frequently see my left MCDU in the Aerosoft Airbus 321 start up with Engine = "Unknown" after I load or reset a flight in FSX:SE. I'm using the genuine Aerosoft distribution (not from Steam), and I'd appreciate your assistance in resolving this.

I'm learning that the Aerosoft A320 is kinda temperamental, just like the "real thing"...

I haven't had FSX (the last version I used was FSX:SE) installed for several years now, but I was a Beta Tester and did tech support for that aircraft and I never experienced that or recall it ever being reported before, but it was developed quite a long time ago.  There is an update for the aircraft, which version are you currently running?  Did you disable your computer security and run the Installer as Admin?  This solves 90% of issues with that aircraft.

I might well be wrong, but I believe there was a small update to FSX:SE that came out after I stopped using it, and perhaps this is occurs when reloading a saved flight.  At this point I'd have to say not to reload flights as the aircraft has been out of development and we no longer provided fixes for issues with that aircraft for about the last 2 years. 

Archived