Speed Issue with ver 1.0.0.7

pierre fsx

Hello Dave!

Ideally yes, flying at the tropopause means optimization, if you can reach it. The problem is when the tropopause drops significantly but we keep flying up there. Assuming we are flying at FL410 within the tropopause, if the tropopause starts descending but we stay up there, then the sympthoms will start to show... Speed dropping, eng max rating not enouth to keep it, no choice othen than descende.

Just curious if that could be reason of the case presented on the original post.

Oh, thats good to know. I always thought the weather injection on the simms was more basic, winds, temps, pressure and clouds to make it nice to too at. Good to know its the big package.

Thank you

23 hours ago, TGoncalves said:

Hello Dave!

Ideally yes, flying at the tropopause means optimization, if you can reach it. The problem is when the tropopause drops significantly but we keep flying up there. Assuming we are flying at FL410 within the tropopause, if the tropopause starts descending but we stay up there, then the sympthoms will start to show... Speed dropping, eng max rating not enouth to keep it, no choice othen than descende.

Just curious if that could be reason of the case presented on the original post.

Oh, thats good to know. I always thought the weather injection on the simms was more basic, winds, temps, pressure and clouds to make it nice to too at. Good to know its the big package.

Thank you

It's an interesting hypothesis you have there my friend, that's for sure.  It will take some mapping out to see if this is playing a part, but I will certainly look at this and I'll speak with HiFi about this in the coming week.

I've only experienced the drop in IAS one time, and that was a very long time ago.  I actually got it on video, and of course shared that with our developers.  Though it will take some work, I might be able to map the tropopause using historical data and the information from my report to our software guys.

What I experience more is the aircraft going into TOGALK while climbing without either being commanded.  A radical change in pressure or temperature could easily be the culprit.  Oddly enough I've never experienced this going across North America, but I have repeatedly experienced this and can repeat it when crossing the Atlantic between Northern Europe and North America.

Archived