Colors and seasons

WebMaximus

The whole process was successfully!!

I think little green squares like little fields and roofs without snow are "normal" and wanted, because the process isn't able to simulate it actually e.g. roofs with snow, isn't it?

If the temperature will be about 0° or less, then it will snow I guess (if the conditions like clouds etc. are right).

The Script =4XP_Seasons_RESET.py should be in all completed deep winter tiles, isn't it?!

I noticed that there are in python (DOS-window) the possibillity to convert spring, summer and autum, too or is it to switch by SAM-plugin only?  

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , blizzardx sagte:

I think little green squares like little fields and roofs without snow are "normal" and wanted, because the process isn't able to simulate it actually e.g. roofs with snow, isn't it?

The green fields are actually coming with X-Europe and can be disabled by using the ortho library - this is documented in the X-Europe manual.

If the temperature will be about 0° or less, then it will snow I guess (if the conditions like clouds etc. are right).

Temperature doesn't matter for SAM Seasons currently, everything depends on the season activated in the colors + seasons menu.

The Script =4XP_Seasons_RESET.py should be in all completed deep winter tiles, isn't it?!

Yes, it should be there if you follow the instructions - but only use it if you want to remove your seasons from the tile, the script will reset everything inside the tile and delete all your seasonal textures for this tile.

I noticed that there are in python (DOS-window) the possibillity to convert spring, summer and autum, too or is it to switch by SAM-plugin only?

The options for other seasons will setup the ortho tile to support them as well if snowy winter is not enough and you want more seasons. If you decide to create for example autumn textures you can use the script again and let it setup everything needed and afterwards you have an autumn textures folder so you can modify the textures inside.

The SAM colors + seasons controls only tell the simulator which season to load but sceneries have to support this feature. The O4Xp Seasons tool is there to make your ortho tiles support SAM controls, its' just preparing your ortho scenery to make use of the seasonal SAM features and does not switch anything inside the simulator.

The most zOrtho4XP Tiles I created mainly by BI with ZL 16, but some areas with Go ZL17 - ZL19. I think, gogical, I've to convert this one in the same process, too?!

It's incredible how many questions are there!

I wasn't able the selected PNG files to delete after XGrinder process finished.  In the attachment you can see the Tiles_new\zOrtho4XP_+47+011\deepwinter\texture folder.

Which files I could delete inside it  in order to save disc space?

And are there possibillities to convert e.g. the airport of LOWI to deep winter, too? 

Thanks in advance again!

• Developer

You can remove all PNG files you converted to dds bevore BUT NOT the water masks (usually black white colored PNGs if you display items as images).

For the default LOWI I made an upgrade pack which also supports SAM Seasons:

LOWI Upgrade - FlyAgi.de

Hello Agnes,

your designed LOWI Demo Area FlyAgi is really great! The volumetric vegetation, HD tress and much more and the seasons are wonderfull and most impressive.

My greatest respect and thank you!

Regards

Rolf

Archived