CRJ Pro First Flight Issues or Pilot Error?

Crabby

I have been using the CRJ since it first came out in the prior version.  First flight with the new version and not sure if I am encountering issues or pilot error.  I completely uninstalled the old version of the CRJ.  New version installed into .../documents/aerosoft/  exactly where my airbuses are...so

KFAR to KORD FL 330 using Simbrief to plan and create flight plan for fms

ASP4 wx

Environment Force running Tweak Free (auto mode)

CRJ9 US Airways

Issues encountered:

1. Using charts (navigraph) causes CTD's at spurious and unrepeatable times.  On the ground, while taxiing and in the air.  The only way I was able to finish the flight was not use the charts at at all.

2. Charts asks for a login every time I tried to use them.  I checked remember decision on the login page I was presented with each time.

3. FMC programmed with no issues...but...on the performance page when I went to look at the Weather I was presented with a screen and a message that there are no departure/arrival/alt airports selected.

4. During arrival into KORD I was set up for the ILS10C approach.  Center came on and changed to west ops and gave me ILS27L.  When I went to the Dep/Arr page on the fmc I could not find any way to select a different approach.  Clicking on the LSK next to ILS10C entry did change the arrival to ILS04R but that is all.  I tried hitting DEL and the LSK and was told that was invalid.  I tried page down and up to see if the other approaches were hidden. Nothing.  I tried deleting the entry in the Route page and that was invalid.  I was able to delete it in the LEGS page, but the FMC still did not present any other approach option.  Navigraph is fully updated.  I then asked for vectors to the app and tuned in the ILS for 27L on the NavRad page.  It changed to MAN mode however sometime during the approach it switched back to AUTO and tuned in the ILS for 10C/28C. So how if pilot error how do you change the arrival if one is already selected and executed. I did a search of the FMS Guide to no avail.

5. Something weird is occurring at times with a CTD.  I have never seen this before.  After the CTD I reboot the pc and start everything up again.  The procedure for using Environment Force is to start it before launching P3D.  P3D has an entry in the program data dll.xml for this addon.  However after a CTD with the CRJ Pro that entry gets deleted and adding it back in does not fix the issue.  I have to delete the dll.xml, rebuild it by launching P3D and then add in the pertinent aerosoft, pmdg, raas and environment force entries.  This works fine again until I cause a CTD by playing the crj charts page.  I rarely get a CTD however this behaviour has not been seen in the past.

6.  I now appear to be getting CTD after installing the GSX folders.  I forgot to do that and the very first boot of P3D after taking out the old CRJ folders and add the new ones caused a CTD as soon as the aircraft spawned and GSX/sode items came into view. 

Great aircraft with tons of potential.  Overall performance is amazing and it feels like a plane when flying, something missing from the last version.  

Archived