Flight Simulation Hotel in the News

DaveCT2003

I already knew.

Downside is of course that even though the simulator is in your hotel room, you're not free to use it as you please. Only as a session with an instructor present, for which they charge even more than for the room itself.

I got the feeling most of us would do just fine without the instructor, but that's not allowed.

For me, it ain't worth it. There's nothing in that room that I can't do at home for free.

24 minutes ago, PatrickZ said:

I already knew.

Downside is of course that even though the simulator is in your hotel room, you're not free to use it as you please. Only as a session with an instructor present, for which they charge even more than for the room itself.

I got the feeling most of us would do just fine without the instructor, but that's not allowed.

For me, it ain't worth it. There's nothing in that room that I can't do at home for free.

LOL!  You missed pretty much everything completely my friend, try again?

On 7/23/2019 at 10:23 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

LOL!  You missed pretty much everything completely my friend, try again?

That they spent ~$92,000 to install it?

24 minutes ago, CAPFlyer said:

That they spent ~$92,000 to install it?

LOL, no sir, although that's a good try.  They certainly got ripped off big time.  Well, actually, I don't remember what the currency was, and it might not have been reported accurately.

I'll go ahead and share why this is both important and exciting for us!

All us flight simmers think of flight sim from our perspective, but to others Flight Simulation is an extreme niche market business wise.  I've said many times over the years that flight simmers would all benefit greatly if each one of us brought in only a few new flight simmers a year.  You see, there is no outreach done by either flight simmers or flight sim businesses, so new people (and new customers) basically have to stumble into our world, and of course they are often overwhelmed by terminology and complex aircraft when that happens.  More customers means more development and more and even better products (because developers are willing to invest in them).

The hotel room simulator was not created for flight simmers (a point that almost every single person who's read this thread missed by a MILE - Patrick missed this by at least a universal or two, possibly even by a dimension)!  ;)

The Sim-Room was created for the public, and even if someone stays in the room and doesn't use the sim, they might get interested enough to check us out.

And, there you have it!

Best wishes my friends!

• 3 months later...

Archived