Problem Installing PFPX

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit and FS9.

I downloaded and installed PFPX to the default folder and then copied the PFPX Hotfix 1.28.pi to that folder and overwrote the original PFPX.exe but was unable to install because of two error messages. I then followed theHow to fix PFPX runtime problems

supplied in this forum. On checking there were no Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 in the programs and feateatures so I attempted to install Microsoft Visual++ 2017 and got a message SETUP FAILED.

I am getting really frustrated as I have now been trying to resolve this sitauation for 3 days and still not been able to use PFPX so any help would be much appreciated.

regards

Brian

Ok, try uninstalling via windows control panel.

Uninstall any Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 / 2017 redistributable entries via control panel.

Reboot and download / install PFPX v2.03 from HERE

Install the latest vcredist 2015-2019 x86 version from HERE

There is no hotfix for version 2 of PFPX

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, quincysw said:

Yes I did

Big mistake, you should not copy an older version over a new one. ;)

OK did that. PFPX is not showing in Programs and Features after install and getting error mesage ' Cannot find mfc140.dll '. Also still getting SETUP FAILED when trying to install Microsofr Visual ++ 1015 - 2019.

regards

Brian

Archived