Cost Index in FSL A320 Flight Plan

Is there some way to modify PFPX so the exported flight plan for my FSL A3xx includes the computed/recommended cost index?  I did a fairly extensive search here and haven't found an answer yet.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Doug

Yes Doug it can be done, I modified an OFP so that FSL can read CI and TOC ISA DEV.

It however requires a modification to the FSL PFPX_OFP.regex file.

I did submit to FSL, lets see what comes back.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:42 AM, srcooke said:

I modified an OFP so that FSL can read CI and TOC ISA DEV.

It however requires a modification to the FSL PFPX_OFP.regex file.

Stephen,

I d/l the files and installed per your attached ReadMe.  The created FP now shows "TOC ISADEV: +01C", but I can't find any Cost Index.  Furthermore, when I import for FP into the A320 via the MCDU INIT A page, the Cost Index field is still empty.  Am I doing something wrong?  Probably.  Please add a bit more detail about how to tweak PFPX using the new files and then the specific steps to get the appropriate FP imported into the FSL A3xx.

Thanks again!

Doug

You have not planned the flight to use a CI hence you see Mach 0.78 in the OFP.

Configure your aircraft in PFPX with a CI or alternatively enter it in the 'Cruise/Cost Index' section of planning screen.

Ok, I see where that is done in the Aircraft Editor under Cruise/CI in the "Default Speed Schedule" section.  The three choices there are .78, AE250, and LRC.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand what values to change.  Thanks for your patience.

Doug

In place of the Mach entry simply type in a Cost Index figure, for example 20

If you cannot do that then it is likely you need an alternative performance file for PFPX.

Ok Stephen.  I typed in "20" and it entered "CI 20" in the field.  I saved the Aircraft config and will see how it goes with the next flight.

Thanks a ton for all your time.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Archived