Incredible video - take a ride into space...and back!!!

Robert S

This has always been one of my favorite videos...take a ride on a booster rocket for a space shuttle launch...but the amazing part is that since you are on the booster rocket, you get to come back to earth and land in the ocean!

Note the incredible acceleration straight up - This is real!!! :shock:

http://mfile.akamai.com/18566/wmv/etouchsy..._srb_camera.asx

I love the water landing...and you can also see the shadow of the smoke of the liftoff for MILES on the ocean!

That's really something :) I really enjoy that the NASA's letting a lot of videos from launch to landing and stuff like that are really great. And yes I think there is some kind of protections that comes in the water to keep it floating, because although I don't know the weight I think a bosster is quite heavy, but is recovered by the NASA which checks it after it has done is work for data gathering. I never watched a shuttle launch on set, but that's something I'd really like to do some time :P