A Question Regarding FlightSim Commander X

ArnoldVDH

Alright! I'm considering buying this. But my question is as follows:

At the moment when I fly from point A to point B, I often have to leave the cockpit to go look at the map to see if I am still on course.

I understand that Flightsim Commander includes moving maps.

Now my question is, can I physically see the moving map as I am flying the plane, or do I have to leave the cockpit in order to access the moving map.

It is almost having a window on top of another window, so you can easily see if you fly in the right direction as you are flying the plane.

I hope this makes sense.

Hello ArnoldVDH,

As you can only see the FSC screen in windowed mode you would need flight simulator to be in windowed mode to see the map at the same time if not you would need to keep alt tabbing on the same monitor.

Hi,

As Shaun replies, if you run it on the same PC as FlightSim you need to swap by means of Alt-Tab.

However if you have a 2nd networked PC, you can run FSC (and other add-ons like SB, ActiveSky, etc) on that 2nd PC by means of WideFS (payware).

This way you always can open/see the map display. Very convenient.