Sign in to follow this  
Fulvio_61

Lightning AB problem with P3D v4.4

Hello,

today I installed the entire Lightning series on P3D V4.4. I downloaded the file "P3Dv4 fuel.dll sound.dll and effects fixes.zip" and executed the instructions by deleting and replacing the various files.

But I have a problem with the AB that only in the F3 and F1A version is correctly displayed as can be seen in the attached screenshots. How can I get the correct flame with all the versions?

Thanks,

Fulvio.

AB_F3.jpg

AB_F6.jpg

If it can help to better understand the nature of the problem, I also point out the one highlighted below.

AB_F6.jpg

15 hours ago, Fulvio_61 said:

Hello,

today I installed the entire Lightning series on P3D V4.4. I downloaded the file "P3Dv4 fuel.dll sound.dll and effects fixes.zip" and executed the instructions by deleting and replacing the various files.

But I have a problem with the AB that only in the F3 and F1A version is correctly displayed as can be seen in the attached screenshots. How can I get the correct flame with all the versions?

Thanks,

Fulvio.

Hi Fulvio

Just to check , when you replaced the effects files did you transfer the new texture file  fx_2l  across into the existing effects/ texture folder ? otherwise the new batch of effects should cure that problem .

The last is a  nice screen-shot ,,,, but I can't make out what you are highlighting :huh:

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave,

yes, I had replaced the fx_2l file. For safety I redo the same operation, but I think the problem remains, indeed it worsened the visual effect even of the other version ...

I do not understand why the afterburner anyhow looks different between models, if the various fx files and texture are the same for everyone. Could it be a problem due to the new version 4.4?

I am attaching a new screenshot where you can better see the problem that you could not locate, that is the row of little lights that come on under the fuselage when I use the afterburner.
These too are different among the various models: visible as you see in the F6 and much less visible (even as a number) in other models.

AB.jpg

AB_F3.jpg

AB_F6.jpg

Edit: the row of little lights appears on the side the fuselage, not under...

Ab_2.jpg

Now I tried to replace all the files with those downloaded from one of your posts: "new fx for P3D v4.zip".

With these different effects the Mk3 and Mk1a versions are back as they appear in the first screenshot of my first post ....

1.jpg

8 hours ago, Fulvio_61 said:

Hello Dave,

yes, I had replaced the fx_2l file. For safety I redo the same operation, but I think the problem remains, indeed it worsened the visual effect even of the other version ...

I do not understand why the afterburner anyhow looks different between models, if the various fx files and texture are the same for everyone. Could it be a problem due to the new version 4.4?

I am attaching a new screenshot where you can better see the problem that you could not locate, that is the row of little lights that come on under the fuselage when I use the afterburner.
These too are different among the various models: visible as you see in the F6 and much less visible (even as a number) in other models.

Hi Fulvio

I think you are right...  It could be that LM's latest update has unfixed my fix .   ( thank's LM <_<) I'll have to do a bit more experimenting and get back to you.

The reason the reheat flame differs from the f3 to the 6 is only because I was trying to improve it to  get a more dynamic flame .and I couldn't retro fit the F3

cheers

Dave

Hi Fulvio

Sorry for the delay but the none virtual world has got in the way a bit !

Unfortunately I have no solution to offer as yet. I can not reproduce the effect you are seeing , but the v4 update has messed with the reheat visuals , and unfortunately it has messed with my FXtool  so P3d CTD's if I try to use it,  so I have not been able to make new ones .

If your F3 reheat  is fine you could try copying  those ( in the main effects folder …. fx_lit3_reheat1 ; fx_lit3_reheat2 ; fx_lit3_reheat3 ) and renaming them .as....

fx_lit3_Rh1 ; fx_lit3_Rh2 and  fx_lit3_Rh3( delete or rename the old fx_lit3_Rh1 etc first )

Cheers

Dave