Mega Airport Brussels Service Pack 1 download

Bernabie

Bernabie,

I just installed my boxed version of FSX/FS9 Mega Airport Brussels and immediately found out there were two different versions of SP1. One from Aerosoft's website and the other one from DreamFactory. The one from Aerosoft was a .exe auto install while the one from DreamFactory was a zipped file. Needless to say that Aerosoft's file could not find my FS9 folder which leads me to beleave it was probably meant for FSX and not FS9. i did manage to view the files in the zipped version from DreamFactory. I actually setup backup folders and put in the old files so I could restore them quickly if things didn't work out. I restarted my computer and made sure I didn't have multiple AFCADs for the airport (because I also use Ultimate Traffic 2007 and AES. ScanAFD didn't find any duplicates. When I went into FS9 with my A319, everything seemed to work without any problems. I had several aircraft taxing to and from the terminals. I just have to figure out how to replace some of the default liveries that are showing up at my airports. The tail insignias are the default Airbus/Boeing designs. I'm wondering if it's my UT2007 doing it. I'll have to do some research. I managed to do a screen capture while I was sitting at KBOS. I did find that Brussels has much better looking terminals than my other sceneries. :o

I did notice some building/taxiway flickering. More than my other Mega Airports (i.e., Heathrow, Frankfurt, German Airports 1). :?

Any thoughts?

No gara56, it's the same with me regarding flickering and difficulty to land properly, especially when you do so manually and with a Boeing 747. I manage eventually by keeping my eyes fixed, as I know once I see the airport where they are, but they do become clearly visible in a good fashion quite late I must say due to that flickering situation. But in DX9 do I have no problems with flickering lines, this only happens in DX10 mode. But this is not just only for Brussels or add-on airports in general I suppose as Brussels is the only non-default one I have for the moment. It happens on the default ones as well in that case.

But will that check out later on myself with regard to the Brussels one, as I had a complete computer breakdown, and probably caused by Skype, but finally, after about almost 2 weeks, have been able to put things back in shape, albeit not without trouble due to that I'm no technician.

However, I've managed to do so without changing any hardware, no matter what the error message said, and wanted me and many others to belief, even technicians for that matter. Yep, I had to completely format my hard disks from out of Dos, and put the Vista OS back onto a RAID 0 system as how I did, and this with the problematic Intel chip Rom program where so many do speak about.

Anyhow, what I know of from before that dreadful moment is that the airport almost, with great emphasis on almost, works fine in FSX with SP1 with me and with the new updated afcad that Aerosoft had put online, even the one of Piliwi. Only it seems that you will always be directed at Rw 25 R to depart and land with the Aerosoft one. I'm not quite sure about that for 100% because it seems to be used quite often as well in real life. In any case, no matter the speed of winds, even of more than 40 knots, I was always asked to take off from Rw 25 R. So there is clearly no intuitive AI situation programmed into that it seems, if it at all would be possible to do of course to generate a more realistic feeling, but why not as it happens on other default airfields I noticed in that you are not always directed towards the same Rw, and this for taking off and for landing.

Hence, would it not be dull when always having to land or take off at JFK from the same Rw when there are so many of them?

Nevertheless must I admit that there are in DX9 for what I noticed no problems at all, except that my planes did became invisible when flying over the Brussels area, and thus when parked and taxiing onto the airport itself at daylight as well, but became only back visible at sunset to disappear again at dawn.

DX10 is out of the question. Not only the airport is a problem with DX10, but all AI planes are as good as invisible in fact allover FSX in that case, even at night. However, I do hope that there will come an upate for Brussels as well, the same as has been done for Budapest with regard to SP2. For AI traffic to show up in DX10 SP2, I suppose that we'll have to wait till a new AI traffic package will be thrown onto the market once it's finished and DX10 SP2 compatible.

Tho, I have still to find out if now after having reinstalled everything; and creating 4 partitions on my harddrive now that I had the opportunity; things are still as before with regard to this invisibility problem at daylight in DX9 just only over the Brussels airport, and nowhere else. I have that being shown in another thread when I remember correctly.

Will report back maybe tomorrow about that, as I have to first do some other things. All my software is not yet reinstalled onto the system that is, which also means that I'm yet unable to convert pictures taken, as I want to do so with a particular program I have.

EDIT: The donwload at dreamfactory, at least if it's still the same one that I downloaded, was not the one for the Mega Brussels X one, but for an older version it seemed at the end. Yeah, I know. I had led me being misled due to that only Brussels was mentioned with no clue if it was for the recent mega one or an older version.

EDIT: Found the other thread I spoke about above, and this is the link to it wherein you will find a pick of the invisible AI airplanes.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14166

Please, for further very important information regarding problems some of us have had with regard to Mega Brussels I would like to channel you towards this new thread of me:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14624

Here you can learn about the solution I found in why that some of us encountered problems while others not or maybe not.

Everyone who has My Traffic X 5.0a should read it I think. I do not know if later versions have been adjusted, but I suppose that they have not based on my assumptions in that thread, and when they would be found correct.

I don't know either if other AI traffic software causes simular problems with Mega Brussels, but I suppose not all of them as some have stated that they have no problems at all and everything works fine, even after the update, and also with regard to how their AI's and own plane are parked as well as taxiing.

Anyhow do I think that the above link to the thread can also be of some value to owners of other add-on airports with maybe similar problems when so, and in combination with My Traffic X.

Gara, I have recently been able to do only one flight for my other testing for the moment, namely to have AI planes not only at daylight, but also that they would be correctly parked and taxi as they should do so.

Now I know, and also thanks to some other fellows, that SP2 is completely undesirable when having installed Mega Brussels unless a patch will be forthcoming like as has been done with Mega Budapest for FSX.

If not yet available, then you can't in principle install Acceleration without SP2. So if you want to have a good flight and use of Mega Brussels, and also having My Traffic X, then best to not install Acceleration, nor SP2 only, but also deleting in the scenery folder in the MyTraffic folder of FSX the BR.EBBR.BGL file. I suppose that the same problem can occur with other AI traffic packages.

And I must say that there is still flickering during the test done. But I think that it's less than before, but will see further on this when coming in from a bit further away, as I was a bit close already to the airport when doing base before going final.

However, I don't know, but if the default airfields don't have this problem, then why can't it be the same for add-on airports?

Or is it caused by using code that has become too old for the latest fs version?

Edit: Just made a new test flight to test the flickering a bit more when coming in to land from much further away, and no it's still the same level of flickering.

But one thing tho I know when you have buildings that flicker when on the ground for instance or flying past 3d buildings scenery can maybe be caused by some sort of code that uses Mipbias. Well, I'm not quite sure if that can be coded into add-on scenery, but what I know is that someone in another forum said that tweaking the FSX.cfg file by adding a Mipbias setting into it did make it for him better somehow.

Personally have I tried it out myself, but it's just awful, all that flickering. And yes, here all the default buildings had that flickering, and not just on an airport for that matter. I very rapidly threw that tweak out of my FSX.cfg file.

So, maybe that some developers are coding a MipBias setting directly into their buildings. I don't know, as only they can tell. In any case do I know that a MipBias setting with me as a tweak into my FSX.cfg file did cause every single default building to start flickering. It was just horrible no matter how low or high this setting was, not to mention how bad it is for your eyes as well when you are constantly confronted with it wherever you are flying.