AES issue

WAD3

I have just noticed something with AES 1.92. I have no I dea if it was in previous version because I didnt notice it. When the jet docks (at any AES airport) dock with my aircraft a rolling ground stair also pulls up underneath that door even though the jet dock is in position. I sthis something I have just not noticed or is there soemthing I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Andrew

• Verified Developer

Hi,

please download the Installer again (now 1.92a) and install it, without deinstall the old one, than all is ok.

I got that too as I just bought and installed GAP3, Koln/Bonn and some other sceneries and some AES credits. I will install 1.92a as Oliver said to do in the post above.

I had to uninstall one of my favorite freeware sceneries before putting in GAP3. It's called EDDW2004. I went to the manual for this wonderful scenery to check the uninstallation process because it had some complex AES like features :wink: :wink: to it (moving jetways, calling up catering and fuel truck etc.). So after finding the proper way to uninstall this Bremen scenery I looked at the bottom of the readme to see who the author was and I literally said out loud "Oh s**t" when I saw Oliver Pabst.

So the 2 things I have to say about all that is:

1) That was excellent work Oliver, I didn't even realise you were a scenery designer; did you make any other airports other than Bremen?

2) Is it possible to put some of the EDDW2K4 features into AES (for instance the way the fuel trucks and stairs approach the aircraft so super realistic flowing with the non interactive airport vehicle traffic and coming from a much much farther distance).

• Verified Developer
1) That was excellent work Oliver, I didn't even realise you were a scenery designer; did you make any other airports other than Bremen?

Yes, LEPA (Palma de Mallorca) but is is older and has not that features.

2) Is it possible to put some of the EDDW2K4 features into AES (for instance the way the fuel trucks and stairs approach the aircraft so super realistic flowing with the non interactive airport vehicle traffic and coming from a much much farther distance).

On the long term list for AES, the Vehicles should drive via apronstreets to and from the aircraft. But that is very complex and so it will need some time to implement that.

Btw: When you remove all files named EDDW*.BGL from GAP3, you can keep EDDW2K4 active beside GAP3, but without AES at EDDW. I think GAP EDDW with AES is not so far away from my EDDW Scenery.

Oliver - I don't know if you are able to comment on this. I sometimes sit for ever (so it seems) at EDDW with the 'Wait for Fuel' sign up - and nothing happens. It's been 25 minutes at the moment (on my other PC) - no fuel truck has come, though general bus etc. animation going on around the airport, so the scenery is running.

There's no way is there of getting out of this, other than closing the doors and pushing back through the stairs, is there??

Martin :-)

• Verified Developer

Hi,

sorry, but EDDW is out of Service and I don't remember much about that project.

When you use AI Traffic, it is possible that the aircraft will make problems for the internal communication of my Scenery.

Yes. it was some time ago you did this, so I am not surprised you don't recall it. Still works very nicely - having only just found and installed it I am enjoying it as if it was new yesterday of course..

Tanker problem is intermittent - sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe, as you say, my Ultimate Traffic installation is the cause.

Thanks anyway,

Martin

Martin the fuel truck always comes, the problem is the scenery is almost too realistic. There are only a limited amount of fueltrucks so if the airport is filled with aircraft and you are at or towards the bottom of the list for refuelling there can be a very substantial wait. I noticed that after every filling of an aircraft the trucks go back to the depot to refill their own tanks, now couple that with the time it takes to refuel one aircraft and you start to see why it might take a while at times.

PS- For the record to anyone getting confused we are talking about Oliver's freeware EDDW2004 and not the GAP EDDW.