Seahawk tip: set ALL of recommended realism sliders

dswo

The following ought to be have been obvious, but I managed to get it wrong. I bought the Jayhawk for FS9 last Christmas, and it's been one of my favorites since then, in spite of me not setting it up right.

I knew, from the manual and the forum, that you were supposed to set the realism slider left of full (3/4 in FS9, about 1/2 in FSX), but for some reason I got it into my head that it was only the "General" realism slider. Today, I tried it with all five realism sliders to center (in FSX):

1. General

2. P-factor

3. Torque

4. Gyro

5. Crash tolerance

Suddenly everything, including the autopilot, worked much better! Is this cheating? Not when those are the settings that the model was designed for.

Again, there is no reason that anyone should get this wrong -- the manual is perfectly clear, with pictures and everything. Still, it can happen: be wise from my folly, and if the manual shows all five sliders at a certain setting, use that setting for all five sliders, not just "General."

• Aerosoft
The following ought to be have been obvious, but I managed to get it wrong. I bought the Jayhawk for FS9 last Christmas, and it's been one of my favorites since then, in spite of me not setting it up right.

I knew, from the manual and the forum, that you were supposed to set the realism slider left of full (3/4 in FS9, about 1/2 in FSX), but for some reason I got it into my head that it was only the "General" realism slider. Today, I tried it with all five realism sliders to center (in FSX):

1. General

2. P-factor

3. Torque

4. Gyro

5. Crash tolerance

Suddenly everything, including the autopilot, worked much better! Is this cheating? Not when those are the settings that the model was designed for.

Again, there is no reason that anyone should get this wrong -- the manual is perfectly clear, with pictures and everything. Still, it can happen: be wise from my folly, and if the manual shows all five sliders at a certain setting, use that setting for all five sliders, not just "General."

I will tell you even more, in every aircraft where I can relate my own experiences to the simulated version a setting below max realism is more realistic. For our F16 we will advise the same settings as for the SH for the simple reason it is FAR more realistic.

That might be the case for some aircraft, but for aircraft like the Realair Sf260 and Scout, Citabria and Decathlon, a setting if 100% is mandatury if You want to spin and side slip.

Wothan