Seahawk and Jayhawk X

ross1562

Firstly, congratulations aerosoft on a truely superb add-on for FSX, well done. Bought two days ago and already got 10+ hours on it!!

I am completely in love with it but i would like a couple of things clearly up if possible.

1. I still seem to be having problems landing on the Boxer. Are any other people finding this. I seem to be able to land on it once ok but if i go around it just sinks into the deck on second attempt. I am running FSX deluxe with SP1, vista and i have installed the update 2.10 as i thought this might have been the problem. It seems dependant on area i land. Can anybody explain why sometimes it seems like the deck just is not there and the front wheels just sink and crash?

2. Is there anyway of actually starting a flight on a boat through the FSX main menu or do you have to fly to the boat all the time?

3. How do i put the coordinates of my boats new positions into the NAV display so they show up on the map? I have all the coordinates from Google but i cant find out how to creat a new point in the NAV display.

4. When i first started i manged to fold the blades but now i cant. Is this dependant on the model of aircraft or is it an option for all?

5. Does the sonar go up and down or not?

Many thanks in advance. I know this may sound like i am unhappy with it but i am not. It is superb and if i could just iron these little nicks out it be the best add-on ever. :wink:

• Aerosoft
Firstly, congratulations aerosoft on a truely superb add-on for FSX, well done. Bought two days ago and already got 10+ hours on it!!

I am completely in love with it but i would like a couple of things clearly up if possible.

1. I still seem to be having problems landing on the Boxer. Are any other people finding this. I seem to be able to land on it once ok but if i go around it just sinks into the deck on second attempt. I am running FSX deluxe with SP1, vista and i have installed the update 2.10 as i thought this might have been the problem. It seems dependant on area i land. Can anybody explain why sometimes it seems like the deck just is not there and the front wheels just sink and crash?

2. Is there anyway of actually starting a flight on a boat through the FSX main menu or do you have to fly to the boat all the time?

3. How do i put the coordinates of my boats new positions into the NAV display so they show up on the map? I have all the coordinates from Google but i cant find out how to creat a new point in the NAV display.

4. When i first started i manged to fold the blades but now i cant. Is this dependant on the model of aircraft or is it an option for all?

5. Does the sonar go up and down or not?

Many thanks in advance. I know this may sound like i am unhappy with it but i am not. It is superb and if i could just iron these little nicks out it be the best add-on ever. :wink:

1. FSX has some problems with hard raised surfaces, but I cannot see any reason something to happen on the second landing. If you land too hard FSX seems to think the surface goes liquid or something, we can't solve that.

2. You can jump directly to the two static LHD's because they are seen as normal airports. Just enter LHD as the ICAO code in the GOTO Airport dialog. For the other static ships we provide FLT files so you can load those to go the ships. The moment you place a ship using ShipYard we advise you make a FLT file as well.

3. Appendix C of the manual explains that, if their is anything that is not clear let me know.

4. Should work for all (but only from the VC). I'll have a look later to see if there is an issue with any of the models.

5. No, BUT we are working on something for users who have the MS Acceleration FSX addon.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

1. Thanks for that, i thought it may be my hard landings! I will have to practice more.

2. Thank you, much appreciated.

3. Oooops!! Missed that, cheers, i should look harder!

4. Cool, sorted.

5. Bummer.

Great product, well done, i would thouroughly recommend this to anyone.

Keep up the good work.

Hi, me again!!

Tried no# 3 straight away following th instructions in appendix c to the letter. I then tried to save it in notepad but it stated that path was not known and it could not save it.

Any ideas?? :!: :!: :!:

• Aerosoft
Hi, me again!!

Tried no# 3 straight away following th instructions in appendix c to the letter. I then tried to save it in notepad but it stated that path was not known and it could not save it.

Any ideas?? :!: :!: :!:

Could it be FSX was running while you tried that? Could be the files is locked when the gauge has it open.

Hi,

No, FSX was not running when i have tried this. I have tried everything but still cant solve it!

Also, none of my training flights work. When i load them either the aircraft textures are black, the aircraft has no wheels etc....and, i have tried the ILS training flight which i am very interseted in but i get stuck at the point where i need to load the Cape Charles VOR as on the NAV display it still has the waypoints loaded for the London City training flight and the Cape Charles VOR is nowhere to be found?

Any help?

• Aerosoft
Hi,

No, FSX was not running when i have tried this. I have tried everything but still cant solve it!

Also, none of my training flights work. When i load them either the aircraft textures are black, the aircraft has no wheels etc....and, i have tried the ILS training flight which i am very interseted in but i get stuck at the point where i need to load the Cape Charles VOR as on the NAV display it still has the waypoints loaded for the London City training flight and the Cape Charles VOR is nowhere to be found?

Any help?

I would de-install and then check the SimObject/Rotorcraft folder to make sure no parts remain (they should all be rmeoved by the de-installer routines) before installing it again.

Hello,

I have de-installed it and then tried to re-install it. I can not even install it now!! When i try to extract the files it says that there is a an unexpected Error: 8x000845 or something similar. Options were Skip, Try again or cancel. I pressed try again and it seemed to work.

I then run the program as administrator and setup began and it seemed to be installing. Once it got to the Textures part of setup though which was near the end (HSL-45-***or something similar) it said CRC: error and stated that the files in the setup. crg did not match.

Please, please help? :(:(:(

• Aerosoft
Hello,

I have de-installed it and then tried to re-install it. I can not even install it now!! When i try to extract the files it says that there is a an unexpected Error: 8x000845 or something similar. Options were Skip, Try again or cancel. I pressed try again and it seemed to work.

I then run the program as administrator and setup began and it seemed to be installing. Once it got to the Textures part of setup though which was near the end (HSL-45-***or something similar) it said CRC: error and stated that the files in the setup. crg did not match.

Please, please help? :(:(:(

mmmm, we are using 100% standard installers (even Microsoft uses them for a lot of things). It's either the file itself that is corrupted or some uncompleted installed product on your system that causes the problem. I would clear your browser cache and download the product again.

In other words (less kind), we sold a heck of a lot of this product so we know the product and the installer is okay. It has to be something local on your system. Always nasty to tell a customer as we got so little options to find out what.

Managed to re-install it. Still can not load Ship placement grid references into NAV display using notepad and still can not complete any of the training flights due to not being able to see the Cape Charles VOR, but oh well!! I suppose i will just have to get used to this fact.

Thanks anyway.

• Aerosoft
Managed to re-install it. Still can not load Ship placement grid references into NAV display using notepad and still can not complete any of the training flights due to not being able to see the Cape Charles VOR, but oh well!! I suppose i will just have to get used to this fact.

Thanks anyway.

We seem to have a lot of unrelated issues. you could not load the flights, you had aircraft that seemed untextured, then the installer would not work and now you can't see a VOR.

Now to start with the last, I am not sure where you expect to see a VOR, but a military aircraft like the SH does not show civil navigation beacons on the navigation. I am also very confused about "can not load Ship placement grid references into NAV display using notepad". If you mean loading the ships.cfg file into an editor, it is just a totally plain ascii file, not a byte of strange code in there and notepad should be able to open it without any problems.

Hi mathjiskok,

You will have to bare with me as i am not a computer expert. The two problems i am having now are just minor problems which do not really effect the game but they are just a little annoying. Do not get me wrong, i love the package and can not get enough of it. :D

Firstly: The training ILS flight NORFOLK. I load it up, everything seems to be ok. Set all the NAV and Comm freq's and then it says to press HOME on the nav display and keep pressing it until you see the Cape Charles VOR, and then press range until the the blue highlight bar is on it. I should then see the VOR on the NAV display with a flight plan. All i see is nothing on NAV display. When i press waypoints, the training flight to London city waypoints are still programmed in.

I do excactly as it states in the manual but i can not find the Cape Charles VOR in the NAV display to even highlight it. I hope this makes sense. If this is just a bug with the game, then that is ok but i would really like to complete this flight. Has anybody tried and completed this flight? Have you mathjiskok?

Secondly: With regards to ships.cfg files. I have tried using notepad to update the locations of where i have placed my ships so that i see them on the NAV display. When i try and close notepad, it will not let me save them.

I know this is long winded and i am probably really annoying yoy for which i am sorry. If there is not a solution to this can you just say so and i will leave you in peace.

Thank you very much for all your help so far, and once again, well done on a superb product.

• Aerosoft
Hi mathjiskok,

You will have to bare with me as i am not a computer expert. The two problems i am having now are just minor problems which do not really effect the game but they are just a little annoying. Do not get me wrong, i love the package and can not get enough of it. :D

Firstly: The training ILS flight NORFOLK. I load it up, everything seems to be ok. Set all the NAV and Comm freq's and then it says to press HOME on the nav display and keep pressing it until you see the Cape Charles VOR, and then press range until the the blue highlight bar is on it. I should then see the VOR on the NAV display with a flight plan. All i see is nothing on NAV display. When i press waypoints, the training flight to London city waypoints are still programmed in.

I do excactly as it states in the manual but i can not find the Cape Charles VOR in the NAV display to even highlight it. I hope this makes sense. If this is just a bug with the game, then that is ok but i would really like to complete this flight. Has anybody tried and completed this flight? Have you mathjiskok?

Secondly: With regards to ships.cfg files. I have tried using notepad to update the locations of where i have placed my ships so that i see them on the NAV display. When i try and close notepad, it will not let me save them.

I know this is long winded and i am probably really annoying yoy for which i am sorry. If there is not a solution to this can you just say so and i will leave you in peace.

Thank you very much for all your help so far, and once again, well done on a superb product.

We are here to help, so don't worry okay?

On the first issue, are you sure you loaded the flightplan?

On the second, I still do not understand it. If windows refuses to save a file it will always give an error, what error is shown?

mathjiskok,

I think so!!!! I go to free flight page, press load flight and then load Training ILS Norfolk flight. I then press fly now. Is there something else i should be doing?

As for the second problem, i will try it again and write down excactly what it says and contact you soon.

Cheers mate.

Ross

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys. do you have any information about the release date of the box-version? it says dezember '07....but when?

hopefully it will be soon. I can't wait flying it ;) (otherwise I have to wait ^^)

I'm sorry...but it isn't. It still says "order here". otherwise the homepage isn't updated and I can expact the box in my mail-box during the next days :)

Edit: I've checked it: it's the german homepage which still says "order here". I hope the german box-version is out, too. that would be great! :)