.cfg file? location?

dmwolfe

I have found downloadable liveries and placed them in the correct aircraft folder. How do I find the .cfg file to add them to the menu? I am not seeing in in the aircraft folder or I am not looking in right place. Let me know. Plus how do I modify it? Thanks for your help.

Darrin

• Developer

Hi,

you must have a "aircraft.cfg" in each folder of your aircraft (<FSMAIN>AIRCRAFT<type of aircraft>aircraft.cfg)

there you must add the [fltsim.x] section, where x must be the +1 of the last available fltsim section, like 1 if it is the second delivery.

Hi Darrin!

It's really not that difficult. Go to the aircraft folder, where you placed the additional livery. There is the file called "aircraft.cfg". Open it with an editor.

In that text you see a section that starts with:

[fltsim.0]

title=

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

uivariation=

[fltsim.1]

[fltsim.2]

These titles and uivariations are what you see, when you select an aircraft in the sim. Now all you have to do is add the configuration for the new livery.

It's either provided with the repaint, or you just copy one of the already existing at the end to that section and give it the first available number, e.g. if [fltsim.4] is the last in the aircaft.cfg, you name the new one [fltsim.5]. Change title and uivariation to something you can easily recognize, and that's it.