F-14 Extended Installer in P3Dv4 Remote Drive

Ace of Base

I am considering Installing P3Dv4.1.3 on my F:/ drive. Obviously my registry will reflect that. Will my F-14 Extended Installer allow me to install to P3Dv4 in that location?

Regards,

William

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not sure what you mean with "remote drive". In case you are talking about an USB drive I can only advice you not to do so, as you will experience serious performance issues.

Regarding the latest version of the F-14 Extended: As the installer uses the new addon.xml methode for installation, you can install it where ever you want. I have 2 different folders on my SSD, one for P3D and one for addons.

I am interested why you recommend not doing so. I have a remote (F:/ drive) SSD that is using a USB 3.1 connection. I currently have almost all of my aircraft and all of my scenery on that drive (I use  Add-on.xmls in my C:/ drive to "point" to my F:/ drive). I do not notice any discernible decrease in performance. I want to install P3Dv4 on my F: drive because I am getting very low on memory in my C drive - and a number of payware aircraft will not allow installation outside P3D. Replacing my C;/ drive with a bigger one voids my warranty. I also know two other friends that have done this. Please tell me the basis of your recommendation - I really want to know.  

William

Archived