Autopilot INS AUX mode not flying

nintendojezz

Hey all!
So I'm in love with this bird, but recently i have had a bit of an issue. When i load the aircraft i get it in to cold and dark, and properly align the INS by entering the INS Position and waiting. It all works fine and the INS is showing the correct NAV, but when i set the autopilot to follow it, it just wont. I turn it to HDG mode then back to AUX and the aircraft just randomly banks left and doesn't stop. 
I don't know if there is anything I'm missing?

Thank guys

I am still learning it myself  -- and you probably already know this -- but one thing I do is wait until its status shows "5" during align.  Only then do I enter my position (POS mode on the INS).  Then I let the status tick down to zero or close to it, before switching the INS's to NAV.

So far i haven't even entered any waypoints until that process is complete.  Not sure if you can enter them before the status ticks all the way down or not.

Another thing to do, is, after you have entered your waypoints, switch the unit to POS, and select "Waypt Chg" button, and enter "01" and press INSERT.  This seems to make certain that the INS will follow your 0-1 leg of waypoints, and not proceed direct to your 9th waypoint.   Maybe this is the step you're missing?   

Hey Mace,
So I've followed it to put the POS in and then let it align till the NAV light comes on, then switch it. The INS comes alive and everything and the Flag goes away on the Insturment (I forgot the name of it :P )
It reads the route and everything, but the moment I'm in the air and click AUX NAV, the plane refuses to follow it. Even when i WAYPT change to like 0-2, still wont follow it :/

But thank you though, ill be sure to try your way and see if it work :)

*EDIT* Missing Sentence 

• Developer
4 hours ago, Mace_RB said:

I am still learning it myself  -- and you probably already know this -- but one thing I do is wait until its status shows "5" during align.  Only then do I enter my position (POS mode on the INS).

It shouldn't go to 5 until you enter your position. It should get stuck at 6 and the nav light shouldn't come on before you enter your ramp position. 

19 hours ago, nintendojezz said:

It all works fine and the INS is showing the correct NAV, but when i set the autopilot to follow it, it just wont.

Are you sure the flight plan is loaded? If you switch the CDU to DIS/TIME does it show the correct distance to the next waypoint?  Did you align the INS while stationary on the ground until at least it gets to an AI of 5 or less so the green NAV light comes on, and then switch the MSU knob to NAV?  Does the flightplan show as IFR and high altitude airways if you view it in the P3D flight planner screen?

So i manged to finally get the flight plan loaded and did a flight to NZ from MEL. Turns out that the Autopilot does work it just has a very awkward way of doing it. Fox example: I'm right of track and so i click AUX NAV and it will bank 30 degrees left and keep banking till it becomes on track then turn itself to the correct heading to stay on track. 
But Im about to do a 2nd test adn ill see if it does the same thing.

1 hour ago, Michael2 said:

Are you sure the flight plan is loaded? If you switch the CDU to DIS/TIME does it show the correct distance to the next waypoint?  Did you align the INS while stationary on the ground until at least it gets to an AI of 5 or less so the green NAV light comes on, and then switch the MSU knob to NAV?  Does the flightplan show as IFR and high altitude airways if you view it in the P3D flight planner screen?

To answer these:
Yes, I double check with the coordinates.
The time and distance both correctly work and are reading correct.
Yes i did, and i did get the Green Nav light.
MSU? like the knob that says AUX NAV?
Yes it does

Thanks

Archived