Controller Config: FSXSE

JLove

I am using the Airbus A321-211CFM along with Multi Crew Experience (MCE).  I was told by the developer of MCE that pitch, altitude, rate of descent/climb, etc., for the Airbus A321 cannot be controlled via the keyboard (This makes no sense to me at all and needs to be fixed).  That being the case, I am using an Xbox 360 controller since I can't afford a yolk at the moment, and FSXSSE sees the controller fine.  The Issue:  I can get off the ground now...problem is that once I get there, I can't maintain control of the aircraft, even with AP engaged.  Altitude goes up and down.  With AP engaged, I request from MCE FO that speed come down, I.e., "speed 180", but the engines stay at max and speed never decreases.  I end up slowing it manually via the keyboard (F1), but I think I slow it too far.  I think that this might be the issue.  I went into the button assignments to set the buttons the way I please.  I see multiple entries for "pitch."  Which of these actually control keeping the aircraft climbing?  I see:
Pitch axis (normal/inverted)   Ctrl + Shift + I    Left Shoulder
Pitch down (elevator down)Cabin Altitude   Num 8+ H    Left Shoulder
Pitch reference (select)off)Cabin Altitude   Num 2+ H    Left Shoulder
Pitch up (elevator up)on/off)Cabin Altitude   Num 2+ H    Left Shoulder
I had to set other buttons to the pitch assignments, since neither analog stick will work as a yolk itself.  But I wonder if I have set the wrong pitch here (there are 4, I set two of them).  For throttle and auto-throttle, I see:
Autothrottle (arm) bug (increment)Altitude   Shift + R    Left Shoulder
Autothrottle engage (TOGA)ff)ff)Altitude   Ctrl + Shift + G    Left Shoulder
Throttle (cut)decrease quickly)off)on/off)   F1
Throttle (cut)   F1
Throttle (decrease quickly)   F2
Throttle (decrease)   Num 3    Button B
Throttle (decrease)
Throttle (full)   F4
Throttle (increase quickly))category)le)de   F3hift + Caps Lock    Button A
Throttle (increase)ct)d window)e angle)ude   F3um 9Shift + Tab    Button Yght
For AP:
Autopilot (decrease max bank))f)off)   Ctrl + M
Autopilot (increase max bank)f)f)off)   Ctrl + M
Autopilot (select NAV radio)f)ff)f)off)   Ctrl + M
Autopilot Mach hold (on/off)f)ff)f)off)   Ctrl + M
Autopilot N1 hold (on/off)off)ff)f)off)   Ctrl + N
Autopilot NAV 1 hold (on/off)ff)f)off)   Ctrl + N
Autopilot airspeed hold (on/off)f)off)   Ctrl + R
Autopilot altitude hold (on/off)off)off))   Ctrl + Z
Autopilot approach mode (on/off)   Ctrl + A
Autopilot attitude hold (on/off)off)   Ctrl + T
Autopilot back course mode (on/off)   Ctrl + B
Autopilot heading bug (decrement)f)   Ctrl + B
Autopilot heading bug (increment))f)   Ctrl + B
Autopilot heading hold (on/off)ent))f)   Ctrl + H
Autopilot localizer hold (on/off)nt))f)   Ctrl + O
Autopilot master (on/off)on/off)nt))f)   Ztrl + O
Autopilot pitch ref (up)d hold (on/off)   Ctrl + Vhift + U
Autopilot vertical speed hold (on/off)   Ctrl + shift + U
Autopilot wing leveler (on/off)   Ctrl + shift + U
Questions:  Why are there multiple parentheses around a lot of these options?  Secondly, which settings do I need to assign to my controller so that I can take off without bouncing around like a pingpong ball, and so that altitude with stay steady instead of up down up down, etc.?  When I engage AP, does it control all of these things?  If so, speed should come down when I request it from MCE.  I've tried "speed 180," "air speed 180," "set air speed to 180."  He says that speed is set to 180, but nothing occurs.  So I am forced to slow manually with F1.  So what am I doing wrong, and how do I fix this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the product page clearly states you need a physical controller device with an axis for the throttle. You can't fly the Aerosoft Airbus with the keyboard. 

Furthermore I strongly suggest to work yourself through the included step-by-step guide. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived