[Help] How to Read / Edit DATA-REFS with an external (selfmade) program ?

Dimit

Hello everybody

apparently there are some programs which communicate with xplane through XPUIPC , and give you the ability to read or edit DataRefs in xplane, for example an external navigation program can read your height, your bank angle or trigger an engine failure.

I want to write a program like this but i am not able to figure out how to create this communication between a program and X-Plane 11 (probably with XPUIPC or however it is supposed to work).

Yes i already have DataRef plugin and DataRefTool2017 installed, also XPUIPC

After searching for solutions for days, all i found was a german tutorial video of some guy using a java-program with FSUIPC to write or read data in FSX (the video is in german but maybe it helps in any way

/watch?v=-kPIlMEvy1U&feature=youtu.be&t=1m30s

I hope anyone who has developed on Xplane before can help

Update:

It is enough if you can tell me a way to read DataRef output with an external program every 3 seconds or so, and update the information on the external program (like a live map updating my position and height every 3 seconds)

How can i read out these datarefs with an external program continuously?

On 6.1.2018 at 04:51, Dimit sagte:

How can i read out these datarefs with an external program continuously?

You could use X-Plane's function (in the settings screen) to send datarefs over a network or to write datarefs continously into a file and then either read it from the network connection or from the file.

But don't ask me how to do network programming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived