7. camera problem

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  8. Fumes in XP11

• 3 replies

• Popular Topics

• Latest Posts

• Hello flight simmers,   I might need a bit of your advice on a possible purchase of a new monitor. At the moment, I've got an ASUS VS247 24'' as my main monitor. A year ago, I got a smaller Hanns-G.... whatever for free and have been using it as a second monitor. Although a second monitor in general was a huge improvement over a single one, but the 2nd monitor is really old and not very good. The direct comparison always reminds me how of much better the colors on the ASUS are. I got the ASUS a few years ago, I've actually bought 2 then: One bigger (I guess it was 25'', I can't remember exactly), but I decided for the smaller ASUS and took the other one back to the shop, because the ASUS was so much better concerning the colors and, above all, the quality of the image when viewed from different angles. What's more, the ASUS has nearly zero glow, whereas the other one is glowing like a sunrise^^   So, with the increased time spent in front of the screen for home office - plus the still amazing views in P3d v4 - took me to the decision to kick off the smaller no name monitor, use the current ASUS as the second monitor instead, and go for a new one as the main monitor. And the big question is, which one.   On the one hand, I've always been happy with my ASUS, but if I go for a new one anyway, I could maybe need something bigger. However, I don't want to lose too much quality just in favour of the size, nor do I want to spend 500€++ for it. These are the 4 options, which I'm uncertain about yet: - Buy another ASUS, very similar to the current one, just bigger (probably the cheapest option and a relatively reliable one) - Buy a curved one with similar capacities than the current one, maybe a bit bigger - Buy an ultra wide one (straight) - Buy a curved ultra-wide one, such as the Xiaomi Mi 34'' Gaming monitor (probably the most expensive option)   Does anyone of you have any good suggestions what is worth buying in that situation from his own experiences switching to a new monitor. For example: How much better does a curved monitor make FS experience? And how much better does an ultra wide screen compared to a 16:9 Also important: Does anyone of you have comparisons, how much performance in P3d v4 is lost by the additional pixels it has to deliver at an ultra wide screen?   Unfortunately, due to the lockdown, I can't go to any shop to watch several monitors "live".   My CPU (i7 9700k @4.4 Ghz) does fine and stays cool. But my GeForce 2060 Super is working pretty hard. Visually, it does a very good job, but it's getting 70°C+ frequently and the fans are howling pretty often, especially in clouds.   Thanks in advance.   Best regards, Dominik
    • Hi Dave, Thanks for the note and clarifying the services Aerosoft provide. You can see that i and perhaps others could interpret the email from Honeycomb in other ways. Dave's Jary's email to me was in response to my question about stock to Amazon UK and to reach out for help. You can understand in this case why Aerosoft have been asked the question by people like me who ordered 5/6 months ago.  Amazon UK have spent weeks/months  promising dates then updates from their so called 'Fulfilment Team' which never comes. I was not aware Aerosoft provided product support and information only for people like me who have ordered elsewhere in Europe.      I understand that Aerosoft use a UK based logistics company to supply Amazon and other UK retailers, my question was whether Aerosoft had any contact with this logistics company after units have been shipped to them. If not then no problem, but if so, it would be good to understand if they have issues supplying Amazon as according to many Amazon agents have told me,  have not been supplied a single unit to date. If this information is not available then no problem. It was just a question.    I guess some of us who ordered from Amazon just massively regret not ordering with Aerosoft or anyone other than Amazon UK from the start.  I've called and spoken to people at Aerosoft and they've been nothing short of friendly, informative and profession given this scenario and the challenges we're all facing right now. I've never questioned their ability and look forward to ordering with them in the future.    
    • Thats the problem, there is another scenery active in a high prio, which also will result in wrong base levels of the airport. Please make screenshots of the scenery library list.
    • Great job - we are patiently waiting for  the final version of your scenery.
    • The buildings at Liepaja airport are becoming more and more like themselves     Inside the terminal, a scene with animated people will be implemented.