Tail Dragger Fix

Debowing

I have tried to apply a fix or ‚cheat‘ if you like, in order to modify the tail wheel turning radius variables in the contact point section of the .cfg, however this did not work. What I would like to do is enable the tail wheel to move in unison with the rudder as a tiller would. I acknowledge this is highly unrealistic for this aircraft, but it would surely enable easy  taxi-ing. If anyone knows how to do this modification please let me know. 

Okay Gents, I have found the way to taxi the aircraft by altering the realistic tail wheel free castoring behaviour to a modified rudder obeying behaviour.

I must stress that this is not the realistic way to taxi, but the easy way to taxi.

Locate the aircraft.cfg file (contact points) and change only the value of 180 to 45 as shown:

point.0 = 1, -25.85,  0.00, -2.63, 2000, 0, 1.0, 180.0, 0.3, 2.5, 0.85, 0.0, 0.0, 0      <------------------------------(original)

point.0 = 1, -25.85,  0.00, -2.63, 2000, 0, 1.0, 45.0, 0.3, 2.5, 0.85, 0.0, 0.0, 0        <---------------------------------(new)

Save, exit and restart P3D. Don't forget to back up the original .cfg file in case of any mistakes.

Using this, I am able to taxi precisely without rotating all over the airport.

Only use it if you are inept in realistic taxiing...as I am.

Please login to display this image.

Archived