AES Version 1.90 released!

OPabst

Wenn you rename the AES_KPDX_FTS to AES_KPDX_FTS.CFG you will see, that AEShelp will not work anymore too.

I didn´t rename it to .cfg. I just eliminate the off word, so it is now working as a normal .cfg file.

But what is not clear, why AESHelp 190a will not work, even when the CFG is not there, but we ignore that now.

I am not saying that. I was saying that since the problem was the file missing in the FS02_SCscenery folder, it doesn´t matter if you work with AEShelp 1.90 or AES1.90a. The first one works so the second one works probably...

harpsi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Ok. The first step is done and finally I can activate the airport. I used the version 1.90 of AEShelp. Maybe it works in the same way as 1.90a.

Let´s try the second step which is to open FS and see if the gates are active and there. :P

harpsi

I am also having the (KPDX) not found or active alert popping up when I try to activate it in AES help. Harpsi (or Oliver) which step did u use to solve the problem and activate the airport?

I am also having the (KPDX) not found or active alert popping up when I try to activate it in AES help. Harpsi (or Oliver) which step did u use to solve the problem and activate the airport?

Try to copy the file AES-KPDX-lib.bgl from the foilder AESAirportFlightscn

to the scenery folder inside FlightZone02_SC. Then restart AES and see what happens.

harpsi

Ok, A workaround for you:

1.) Copy (not move) the file AES-KPDX-LIB.BGL from

..AerosoftAESAIRPORTFLIGHTSCN

to the

..Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SCScenery

directory

2.) Rename the file AESA_KPDX_FTS.CFG in AESA_KPDX_FTS.off (in subdir ..AerosoftAESAIRPORT)

Then check KPDX in AESHELP (should not make an error anymore) and check if the jetways can be seen in PDX

Anyone else with the problem don't forget step 2) as well. Thanks Harpsi and Oliver.

PS- My ISD airports are now better than probably 75% of my payware airports. Great job Oliver.

• Verified Developer

Hi,

fine that the workaround is ok, but if there are more users having that problem, please give me a tip, what is different in FZ Portland to all the rest of your sceneries? AESHelp is doing the same als with all others.

Reading the scenery.cfg to get all Scenery Pathes, set in LOCAL=, and where the ACTIVE= is set to TRUE

Then it read the CFG file of the airport and searches all active Pathes to fine the files defined behind SEARCH= in the AES airport cfg file (as long as it is present)

When AES find all the BGL files it has searched for, the scenery is found.

In my installation, this works for portland too, why not on yours?

The directory is the same (<FSMAIN>Addon SceneryFlightzone02_SC) the entries are in the Scenery.cfg and active and the files are in the FZ directory. Why can't AES find this files? I have no idea.

• Verified Developer

Hi again,

can anyone you, how had the problem with PDX, attach a ZIP of your scenery.cfg. I think there is something in the entry of portland, which AES could not handle. But I can only find it, when I can run the scenery.cfg in Debug mode.

One user has done the following to get AEShelp finding PDX:

He has change the Title of the Portland entry in the scenery.cfg

before:

[Area.326]

Title=FlightZone02

Layer=326

Active=True

Required=False

Local=Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SC

Remote=

into after:

[Area.326]

Title=FlightScenery Portland

Layer=326

Active=True

Required=False

Local=Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SC

Remote=

After this change, AESHelp find PDX also then the AESA_KPDX_FTS.CFG is still present.

I think, that not the Title change itself solve the problem, I think that the editor will fix a problem in the file, when the scenery.cfg is saved. Maybe a Linefeed or tab or something is there, which is not readed correct from AEShelp, so that this directory is not added to the list for the search.

So, when I can get such a "currupt" Scenery.cfg, I can prepare AESHelp to handle it, and we can solve the problem for everyone in future and we don't need the workaround.

• Verified Developer
I also have a problem with 1.9, the jetways at PDX dont show up at all...

AES in general is working though:D

Hi,

did you use the workaround above, or did you get any error in AEShelp?

If you don't use the workaround, please try to press the "resync/repair" button blow the Airportlist in AEShelp.

If that not help, make only the Step 1) of the workaround above and copy the AES-KPDX-LIB.BGL to the FZ Scenery directory.