Help with Helgoland X

737Best

hi guys, I'm new to this forum (yay) and I have a question regarding Helgoland X.

The airport is sort of sunken into the island and the default runways show through, but the town is fine. What do you guys think is wrong with the scenery? I have FSX sp1 installed, but I remember there was this other patch that was released enabling photoscenery to be used or something like that. Do you think that is the issue or is that update included in SP1?

Thanks in advance :D

Hello 737Best,

Can you attach a few screenshots of the problem please.

I have only FSX and SP1 installed so the Photo Scenery fix shouldn't be a factor.

Also do you have any 3rd party meshes installed etc.

Try disabling any other 3rd party scenery except Helgoland to see if there may be a possible compatibility issue.

I don't have any meshes installed or anything. I have a fresh copy of FSX (because my computer crashed the other day).

It seems that the old airport is showing through the new scenery and that is the airport that is recognized.

Sorry about the large sizes :(

problem1wz6.jpg

problem2tb4.jpg

problem3hp3.jpg

Hi!

Looks like not all folders have been added to the Scenery Library.

Just go to Settings -> Scenery Library in your FSX and add the FSX subfolder AerosoftAFD

That's it! :)

Bests,

Sascha

Thank you so much for helping me :) Aerosoft makes some of the best products around and their help matches it :)

Just one more thing (oh no!): one of the ships that was included seems to disappear as I get closer to it (maybe all 3 do it, I don't know) but then reappears when I'm further away from it. What do you think the problem is?

It's no biggie I'm just bringing it up while I'm on the forum.

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Hello 737Best,

Can you post a screenshot of the problem as you are going towards the ship not long before its going to disappear so we can look at it. Press the Shift+Z key so we can get the co-ordinates from it on the picture..

Hi!

That's really odd. Honestly I've never seen that problem before... :(

I know that there is an issue that causes the AI ships to disappear completely: It happens when you have an addon installed that contains FS9 traffic, which excludes all AI ship traffic in FSX (e.g. Project AI and similar). I"m not too sure that this is your problem but it could be...

Bests,

Sascha

hmm i didn't know that, but its extremely good to know.

I don't have any 3rd party AI traffic installed, so I guess thats not the problem in my case :/

thanks a lot :D