Saitek X52 not recognised?

martinlest

Hi. I am a complete beginner with X-Plane (installed the demo only so far, jsut this morning: fully intend to buy the full package when I am more familiar with the programme!). I have been flying MSFS since FS2000 though, so 'get' the general idea! So far, it all looks great.

However, I would want/need to use my X52 joystick, but can't get past first base (loading the joystick config page!). No matter what I do, after calibrating the X52's six axes, the 'Next' button stays greyed out. 'Cancel' is the only option. I installed a plug-in for X-Plane from the MadCatz site, but still no joy(stick)... In X-Plane, the X52 does have minimum functionality (default), the hat switch, but mostly nothing. The O/S is Windows 7 x64.

I can't really go further until I am sure I can use the X52 in the sim.. I have spent almost an hour Googling and looking at the forum here, and see others had the same problem, but am no further forward with a fix, so help would be appreciated. (I do need to keep the X52 software installed BTW, as I will continue to fly FS9 and FSX!).

Many thanks!

Martin

Archived