Airbus OOM Issue - P3D V3.4

I'm using ORBX, REX4, VECTORS, ASN, FlightBeam Scenery, FSdreamteam Scenery- I can take off with no problem and do a 3hr flight, but soon as I come down to like 6,000' my OOM's starts going off and everything turns black, than P3D closes. Now if I take my E170 plan and do the same flight i can land with no problem, so clearly tells me that Aerosoft Airbus has a issue.

Please Help.

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, mgrimm said:

so clearly tells me that Aerosoft Airbus has a issue.

That's a wrong conclusion, it only tells you that the Airbus uses more memory (VAS) than your E170. That's something else than saying that the airbus has a problem.

If you are running into an OOM it is always because of the combination of many add ons consuming your memory, not just one. OOMs are a well known problem within the 32bit simluator world (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v1-v3). Using high end add-ons simply drives the memory consumption to it's limits.

The only way to get around it is to lower the complexity settings in your P3D.

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

I will give that a try to see if any changes. I did a little change last night and took a 2hr flight and was able to land this time but my OOM's  was binging at me.. Will have to do a little more fine tunning i quess.

• 4 months later...

Well the update came out from MS and they did not fix the problem..." Creating a child window" still is a issue.. I will have to go back to windows7... Very sad

Mike 

• Deputy Sheriffs

A new Windows version will never be able to fix OOM problems you are facing inside your simulator. 

The underlying problem is, that FSX/P3Dv1/P3Dv2/P3Dv3 are 32bit applications which can't address more than 4GB of RAM, regardless how much you have installed in your system. 

From all the mentioned simulators, P3Dv3 is the one with the by far best memory management (to deal with the 4GB limitation). I was never able to push it into an OOM, while it was a piece of cake with the other sims. 

The only way to really get rid of the OOM problem is to switch to a 64bit simulator (like P3Dv4) and having enough RAM in the system (16GB would be a good number). 

So you might want to think of upgrading your simulator, but please make yourself familiar with the add-on availability for it first. Lots of add-ons are already available/compatible for/with P3Dv4, but others might not yet be there (like the Aerosoft Airbus, which will become available early next year). 

I end up getting it fix. Microsoft never did fix the issue. In your simulator you have to change the NET.Frame from 4.0 to 4.7 and it will work without have that " Creating A child Window" error. I will switch to P3D V4.1 when Aerosoft gets the Airbus family done.

At this time. I'm back up and running.

Thank you

Mike

Archived