CTD when modifying the MCDU flight plan and how to recover?

Wesley Kappen

Hi everyone,

Me and my buddy love the A320 and it's shared cockpit feature. Altough every now and then we have a crash. I've read the manual on how to recover from it, but we have had no luck so far! Can you guys help me? I think I might be doing something wrong ....

My buddy was the pilot flying and he was the only one who was manipulating the MCDU from the start, and he changed our STAR and then he got a CTD and I was still in the cockpit. So I imediately paused the simulator and saved the flight (FSUPIC also made a save). This manual save (from: Documents/FSX ...) 4 files total, i've sent to my buddy.

But when we restart the simulator and load the flight plan, the plane with be in the turn around state and the MCDU will be empty. After reloading it again, the MCDU seems programmed correctly but the NAV display is black and remains black. Also, none of us can manipulate the flight controls. But the plane does fly on the original autopilot settings.

I hope this makes any sense to you, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Wesley & Guus.

Wesley/Guus,

Welcome to the forums!

Please check the pinned posts at the top of this forum for How To Restart a CFD Flight.  That should do the trick.

By the way, have you both installed the Direct To Fix for the A320 Series?  You'll find it in the A320 Series Updates section.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer, i've read all the pinned posts above and followed your steps to the letter, we've downloaded the latested 1.31 (2 days ago), is that enough or should we need to install the fix apart from that latest update?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Regards,

Wesley.

Yes, please install the Direct To fix, as it's not part of V1.31. It will be incorporated in the next release (some time after the A330 is released).

Enjoy your Shared Cockpit flights, and let us know how they go!

Best wishes.

Archived