Preview: F-16 Cockpit Work in Progress Screenshots.

Shaun Fletcher

Typical Tim's work, amazing :D Octopus should be yellow with scratches on the inner parts from a long screwdriver used by firefighters.... :mrgreen:

Best regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been looking at that first pic in the series thinking there was something not quite right about the internal Canopy Jettison Handle orientation. It wasn't all that long ago that I was still working our Block 30's. Now, if the newer blocks are different then disregard this but on our 16's and every one I've ever worked on, the canopy jettison handle was pinned on the backside of the handle. . .aft to fwd. In that first pic, the handle is rotated so that it would be pinned from the front and at least in my time working the F-16's (22 years) that's incorrect.

Actually, the second shot shows it even better. I've reproduced the pic below with a circle to indicate the area normally pinned. It actually looks in the pic as though there is a screw or bolt in that area. Actually it's an open hole to slide a "ball lock" style pin into after flight and during maintenance. Also, as I said above, my experience has been that this is also done from the back, in other words the handle shown would rotate 180 to be correct.

Ed,

That is correct, I know that the A-model (Non-MLU) had the pinning up front but on the AM (and I guess subsequent block) had it pinned at the back (towards the cockpit wall). Safety precaution I suspect. So for aerosofts models so far, the handle should be turned 180°.

Best