XR724 "last Lightning flight" repaint

TheCameronPerson

Here's a repaint of XR724 as she was in 1992 when she made the last ever Lightning flight in UK airspace from RAF Shawbury to the former lair of the Lightning at Binbrook. She's owned by the Lightning Association who kept the airframe live for a number of years making the occasional taxi. Unfortunately Binbrook has changed hands a number of times over the years and each owner seems to have had different views towards '724 and for a while she was stuck outside cover in the lovely North England weather. Also Binbrook has largely been reclaimed by nature now so I don't think we'll see fast taxis anymore but as of 2015 according to the LA website engineering work has resumed on site where they aim to get '724 ready for a new museum on land they've bought at the airfield. You can read about it here. http://www.lightning.org.uk/engineering.html

I'm working on another repaint that represents XR724 in her current guise (in need of a wash and possible respray) but I'm just experimenting with effects to get the appearance just right. Until then I hope you like this repaint.

Cameron.

XR724 Last Flight.zip

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Glad you all like it :D 

22 hours ago, Eivin Stenso said:

And I get to learn a bit of history, aswell. :)

& well I always think you should know a bit of the personal history behind the aircraft you're flying ;)

3 hours ago, Hangar200 said:

The Aerosoft Lightning is one of my favorites

& you're not alone in that opinion!

Cameron. 

I have always been a big fan of the early supersonic era and it's history. I used to fly the SSTSIM across the ocean in FS9 by inertial navigation. That was fun ofc, but it took 3.5 hours pluss the preflight. 

RE: File is up on FlightSim now, see below for link

Just to let everyone know I've re-uploaded this repaint to FlightSim so I can clear some space on my attachments, in future I'll be uploading straight to FlightSim. Here's the link

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=52701661

Archived