ND not showing arc lines and aircraft doesn't fly them

svp318

As you can see on the attached image, I was doing the RNAV-Z RWY36 approach to SEQM, but noticed lines between certain waypoints were missing, I checked on the FMC and the only lines missing where the ones that had an "arc" associated to it. I thought maybe this was only a problem of the ND and not the flight path, so I continued the approach. But then, as I passed QM010, the aircraft went crazy and started to turn a hard left, no idea why.

Then I tried other RNAV approached and they all have this same problem. I have the latest Navigraph AIRAC. My Airbus X version is 1.31.

Has anyone else had this issue? Pls help me with this, it makes this aircraft unusable on many airports.

Please login to display this image.

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Would you please provide the departure and arrival airports, complete route you used, AIRAC in use, and screen shots of the MCDU Flight Plan pages associated with the route above?

I'll provide the info you requested but as I stated before, I have tried many other approaches and they all have the same problem when there are arc lines. So I personally don't think this particular route has something to do with my problem, but anyways:

Departure: SEGU

Arrival: SEQM

Route: REGAP1 then RNAV (RNP) Z 36 approach via PAMIS transition

AIRAC: Navigraph Cycle 1612

Thanks, I just wanted to see this for myself.

As far as I know, the RNAV Arc to Fix is not modeled in the Aerosoft Airbus.  To work around this, you might try the Direct To Function for each next waypoint in the ARC. Thank fully, there aren't that many RNAV Arc to Fix approaches - comparatively speaking.

We did a LOT of testing and re-programming in the Majestic Dash 8 to get the RNAV Arc to Fix working as it should. It can be quite a effort.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived