Airbus A321 fuel capacity

Hello,

I ran into a bit of a question regarding fuel capacity of the A321. Recently I tried to do a flight from Helsinki-Vantaa (EFHK) to Tenerife South Airport (GCTS) (Altn: GCXO). This is a real flight that is usually done with an Airbus A321 with sharklets. However, the flight planner I use (SimBrief) states that I need around 21000 (21364) kg of block fuel. OnlineFlightPlanner states the same (21678 kgs of block fuel). I don't have the FlightPlanner tool in front of me right now, but it will also state around the same.

My issue is: there doesn't go that much fuel into the airbus. It becomes even more of an issue when using FSPax that punishes you when bringing too little fuel. Is this an issue with Aerosofts Airbus? Am I completely missing something? I'd really like to know how this flight is possible in real life (even if it's stretching the capabilities of the A321) and not in the simulator. Anyone that can provide some insight?

Thanks!

edit: Flight log from the real flight: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FIN971/history/20161023/0430Z/EFHK/GCTS

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is not an issue. The Aerosoft Airbus represents a standard Airbus layout. in th real world ther are many many different configurations based on individual customer requirements. and there are variants with a larger fuel capacity. 

as far as I remember you change this in the aircraft files. Search the forum, there already some topics on this.

• Deputy Sheriffs

But then this doesn't fit together, as the linked page states a range of 4000 km while the route is around 2800 nm equal to around 5100km.

Archived