Secret Project Unveiling - vEarth (Virtual Earth)

Chris Bell

Secret Project Unveiling - vEarth (Virtual Earth)

this project has been in the making for some time now,
initially on paper, than as a proof of concept, and now it is in full on development!

with this project we aim for a new experience when it comes to Photoreal scenery integration!
we are still working and developing in-house functionalities we need to achieve this experience,

starting with color corrected Photoreal imagery! for ALL N.A. collected no earlier than 2015!
as it stands our standards are LOD15! we will include all seasons variations! and Night!
(we may or may not mix High res with lower res imagery in metro area's,
our rational is... there is no point in using high res imagery than covering it with objects that block the imagery anyway)

beside a complete special edition Night Environment style Lighting system (Autogen based with traffic!!!)
what makes this project different than what most already familiar with is...

we detect the data we render directly from the actual imagery we use!!!

Project full Detail and info here

Stunning!!!!

Really looking forward to see this one day.

I have few questions:

1) Is this then sold/delievered in separate tiles/continents/countries?

Or whole world in one (data size?)

2) Will the "AccuGen" be loaded "on the fly" or is there a pre-loading process necessary? And if so, how long does it take?

thanks

@guenseli

Thank you Guenseli :)

vEarth will be available in separate per state package similar to Night Environment,

our AccuGen data is loaded on the fly and does not require logging out of flight session to adjust settings,

density settings are controlled via Sim Autogen density Slider under Scenery Tab and can be adjusted on the fly!

i honestly have no idea how vEarh fairs with ORBX regions,

Photoreal based scenery was always a passion for me personally,

the same goes for all Creative Design Studios Team members, we all prefer Photoreal based scenery,

none of us use ORBX products on our own Sim's (Its not political just a matter of preference),

from our recent test VAS usage is not too high or anywhere near unacceptable levels,

i am sure someone out there can push just about any system to its knees,

this video was actually my own personal test flight when the data was ready for inspection,

the point of that flight was to test VAS and performance for the first time with MAX available data,

as you see from the video not a single frame drop, not a single hiccup, my frames were dead locked @30 FPS for the entire flight;

it was a flawless experience and what made come forward unavailing the project :)

we haven't even integrated yet our high efficiency models; these are just default plain Sim trees there,

with our high efficiency libraries we expect an additional 30% improvement on top; in performance and VAS efficiency!

vEarth Project - Night Light Test (Florida KIMM to KAPF)

this is our Special Night Environment AccuGen Edition that is part of vEarth!

(this is not Night Environment Florida! and this is not Black Marble!)

this is Autogen based system controlled via internal native Sim density sliders,

(no control panel, no manager, or any configs required)

Part 1

Part 2

Archived