F.6 Fuel Issue

peter197

Hello,

I've been trying to read the manuals to get a solution to this, and I think it's something that has glitched recently. While with the F3, fuel is transferred from the ventral through the wing tanks to the engines, on the F6, regardless of overwing tanks, fuel will be drawn from the wing tanks, and nothing will be drawn from the ventral tank. Once fuel is used up in the wing tanks, the engines will flame out, though I have a full tank in the ventral. It seems fuel isn't transferring properly. Am I missing something?

It should also apply that fuel is not sent through the over wing tanks either, only fuel from the wings go through.

Thanks,

Peter

13 hours ago, peter197 said:

Figured it out, seems I wasn't running P3D on admin.

:0) Ok Peter , that's good. The vagaries of simulators eh ! It was easier on the real thing... then I would have suggested changing the mk44 valve :lol:

Cheers

D

That said I just did a circuit flying around England with the F6 guntank but with overwings. I got through the ventral tank, and then it flamed out. I can't seem to relight the engines vua the checklist and usually have to cheat and press ctrl + e. Strangely, after that when over wing tanks used up its fuel it seamlessly went to wing tanks without flaming out. Needless to say it can be confusing.

The tanks feed ..... overwings(if fitted).... ventral ...flaps.... and finaly wings. They are coded so once a certain percentage of fuel is used up it triggers the next set, but there is always enough overlap so you dont flame out.

If you have to relight using Ctrl+E,  I wonder if you have switched all the cocks open ? Use Shift+2 and "all on"  to  before you start .

Dave

Definitely, I am sure I have everything open, because i've mostly hit the quick start gang bar  a lot of the time. 

It is just quite strange it's going in its own order.

I can't see how the sequence  could be ignored unless you have a default saved flight or perhaps a .dll in another aircraft that is taking precedence and overriding the Lightnings code.

How the computer figures these things out is beyond me :0(

Dave

Archived