SIMstarter NG: FSX:SE Screen Resolutions Changing

CB_Pilot

I have several profiles in SIMstarter NG and I like to run Monitor 1 at 1600x900x32 and Monitor 2 at 1280x1024x32.

If I run FSX:SE without SIMstarter NG (as Administrator) then the screen resolutions are maintained. However, if I run FSX:SE through a SIMstarter NG profile (as Administrator) then my monitor resolutions always change to Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 at 1024x768x32. This happens in full screen and windowed mode.

Can anyone advise me why this is happening and what setting I must change in SIMstarter NG to ensure that I launch at the higher screen resolutions?

My fsx.cfg file seems to create four DISPLAY.Device entries and even if I delete the two "wrong" ones they reappear after running a SIMstsarter NG FSX session.

[Display.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 .0]

Mode=1600x900x32

[Display.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 .1]

Mode=1280x1024x32

[Display.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 730.0]

Mode=1024x768x32

[Display.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 730.1]

Mode=1024x768x32

Thanks

Rupert

SIMstarter NG rewites FSX-SE.cfg using the values in the MASTER SimCfg Set and selected profile SimCfg Set, prior to launching the simulator.  So you need to be looking in the SimCfg Sets.

Try this Tools -> Config File Editor, in the 'Preselection' drop down select Simulator Configuration Profile (MASTER).   Click on the drop down just below 'Filter by section'.

You should see one or more listings beginning with DISPLAY.Device.  Click on one at a time.   If both 730.0 and 730.1 contain Mode=1024x768x32, then you will need to use the 'Modify' option at the bottom to change the appropriate device to the correct value.

If both are correct, then check the other profiles in the 'Preselection' profile to see if the value has been altered in any of them.  Note:  You will only see values which are different in the MASTER, so if DISPLAY.Device does not appear then the profile is using the values from the MASTER.

Be sure to click OK to save any changes.

Ernie

Ernie,

Thanks for this guidance. All my config files were conflicting and once I had followed your advice all was consistent and the sim started on every profile at the correct resolution.

Kind regards

Rupert

Archived