Height-related engine sound - pleeeease :)

Hello,

any plans on updates of the sound model of the Airbus? A height-related sound would be so nice and would improve realism so much for me. I would love to just hear the noise of the air flowing on the cockpit windows during cruise level.

Actually it is such a pity that the sound is the same at every altitude. I don't have to say, that for example the CFM-typical "roar" dissappears slowly when climbing.

That would be such a huge improvement, really. Please think about it. :)

Greets, Julian.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not think anything will change here. The AS A318-321 is a "finished" product as is. Did you already play with the various sound settings in the right MCDU? 

Hello,

of course, but you can only change the volume. The CFM-typical roaring does not disappear when climbing out. That's really not realistic, what I think is quite a pity.

@AEROSOFTWouldn't it be possible to "just" bring in a sound filter, which simply makes the given soundfiles "hollow" related to the present height? I'm sure that would improve realism very much for all pilots.

Hello Frank. No I just wanted to make Aerosoft also know about my request. If you have any information, please let me know.

My question was of course directed to all of you. :)

Theoretically, at a constant IAS the wind sound should not change.

I'm actually not really sure what you mean with the engine sound changing with altitude, could you describe that a little more?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Emi just told me that the customers will kill AS if we did the engine sound thing. It was done for the AS F16 and people revolted and wanted to always hear the engine. A new unrealistic soundset was made for the F16 at the time. ;)

Thank you very much, FRank. Just to make it even clear, what I mean. Maybe you can just have a look at this Video from Youtube. Just jump over to 03:00 when the take off roll beginns. This rorar sound is simulated quite good in the AS airbus.

Then skip over to 04:00, 05:00, 06:00, 07:00 and finally to 08:00. You can clearly hear a complete change in sounds (also for sure in cockpit). The roaring CFM-sound dissappears, maybe in the higher volume of the wind-sounds during acceleration, but also due to thinner air. In cruise, theres only the sound of the air flowing on the fuselage. The engine sounds definately get "hollow", the higher the plane flies.

That would be an awesome improvement, if Aersoft could implement this. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifMaH0pIyDk

Ah, that's no good news and a pity, that there are pilots who like to have an unrealistic soundset more than a realistic one.

It's not about changing the engine sounds, because it's good already. But it would have been excellent when the sounds in cruise were realistic and not like after takeoff. But it's ok. Thanks for checking.

Archived