Controls Problem

silentsage

I have a problem with the elevator and aileron axes of the F-14 Extended.

When I deflect the joystick, the stick in the cockpit moves, and the external elevators move correctly, but they then snap-back to the centered position within a fraction of a second even though the joystick is still deflected.  This is unique to the F-14 - all my other aircraft work correctly with the same software settings.  I'm running P3D v3.2, the latest FSUIPC, and the 2.01 version of the F-14.

In the past this behavior could happen if there were conflicting assignments between the flight sim control axis settings and the FSUIPC settings, but that is not the case here.

Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jcagle - Thanks.

The problem turned out to be a damaged SimConnect installation.  Re-installing SimConnect fixed everything.

I've learned that many of the fight sim add-ons fiddle with SimConnect configs, and/or install their own version of SimConnect, etc.. I've gotten to the point where I keep an alias to the P3D SimConnect program on my desktop and run it every time before I start P3D.

Archived