Help Getting the Client set up to Launch Programs on 2nd Computer

WWA_1935

I have a networked PC and would like to use the simstarter client but I'm not sure what it is I have done wrong because I can't seem to get it to work.  It's not a permissions issue as they are set correctly.   I use FSWide so I am a little familiar with Server client set ups but I think the whole trigger file concept has got me confused. 

Here's what I have done so far...

Server/Main P3d Machine:

1. Installed Simstarter NG on Main P3d Machine (Its running great)

2. On the Programs Setting Page / Simstarter NG Client Settings Tab I set the path to my simclient target folder,  Path leads to folder on step 1 below.

3. Made sure the option to run Sim Client is checked on my Selected profile's extended settings tab

Client Machine:

1. Created a folder and installed the client. 

2. Launched the client and set the path of trigger file to point back at my my Server to the SimstarterNG.exe

3. Added Programs I want the client to launch in the runset window below when I run Simstarter.exe on my server

Can you offer any advice to help me get it sorted? 

Thanks

• Verified Developer

The key is, that SIMstarter NG on the Main computer will create a Trigger file into that specified directory. The Trigger Path should not be that path of the "SIMstarter NG.exe".

Have you read chapter 8 of the manual?

Example:

Main Computer (example computer name "main"):

- Create a folder: C:\NG Trigger\

- create a network share for this folder called "NGtrigger"

- set the Trigger directory inside NG to "C:\NG Trigger\"

Second computer:

- Connect the shared directory of "\\main\NGtrigger\" lets say to driver "Z:\"

- set the Trigger Path at the client to "Z:\"

CHECK write permissions!!!

The rest as you wrote.

Yes, I did read Chapter 8

I think I got it sorted now.

So I still have to launch the simstarter client.exe manually each session?  

In other words I was hoping I could just launch Simstarter NG on my Main Sim computer and it would in turn launch the client and subsequent programs set up to run when the client is launched.  Essentially a one click process

• Verified Developer
vor 4 Stunden , WWA_1935 sagte:

So I still have to launch the simstarter client.exe manually each session?  

No, you have to run the Client on the Remote Computer. Best practice would be placing it into "Autostart"

But I am having my own homecockpit and enough ideas and requirements at myself. Therefore in general a good starting point to improve the client in future.

The current version is better then nothing but for sure there a "some" point to improve... B)

Archived