Caution Light Test / Yoke Buttons

Lummox

Hi all.

Only recently discovered this wonderful treasure of an airplane, but I have, well, basically two separate questions.

First off, I have the Twin Otter installed in P3D v3.2. This could be the explanation for my first question (i.e. some simple incompatibility of systems). My second question is of general nature.

1) So, even after a lot of searching and trial and error, I simply cannot find a switch to test the two 3x3 caution light blocks on the centre console (left and right of the magnetic compass, above the engine fire panel), nor the beta range lights or auto-feather indicator. I have found the testing switch on the auto-pilot panel that illuminates all the auto-pilot related stuff, but nothing else. Any illuminating ideas (yes, that was intended ;-) ).

2) I know they are not modelled, but could somebody confirm (or deny) that the rocket switches on the yokes in real life (the ones labelled "XMIT" and "INPH") are the buttons for "transmit" and "intercom"? The two additional buttons above the rocker on the captain's yoke is probably auto-pilot disconnect and go-around-mode. Is that correct?

Thanks very much for reading.

4 hours ago, Lummox said:

1) So, even after a lot of searching and trial and error, I simply cannot find a switch to test the two 3x3 caution light blocks on the centre console (left and right of the magnetic compass, above the engine fire panel), nor the beta range lights or auto-feather indicator.

There is a toggle switch on the overhead labelled 'caution light test/bright/dim'. Putting it in the test position illuminates all the caution lights. You can test the autofeather arm indications by arming the system (press the switch then spool the engines up). Likewise, you can test the beta range indicators by selecting the beta range! There is a separate test for the beta backup system (although it's useless in FSX).

Don't know about the buttons but you're probably right.

Thank you very much Mark. Very helpful.

I'm quite astonished at myself for not having figured this one out myself. So obvious. I guess sometimes you just can't see the overhead panel for the switches.

If there's still someone who could save the kitten and put my curiosity at rest in regards to the yoke switches? It seems to be such an obvious thing (again?) that I can't even find it in any of the real world manuals I can find.

Thanks a lot!

Archived