Problem with US Pricing (Boxed Airports)

AA777-200ER

After checking out the German Website, I found out you are overcharging US customers.

US Pricing for a boxed FSX Airport= $34.99 (Way too high!)

German Pricing= 25.99 Euros (includes 4.15 Euro VAT or a 19% Tax)

With todays conversion (3-26) of US Dollars vs Euros the price should be $28.99 (excluding VAT) which is more realistic! :?

Note: We should not be paying European Taxes for product sold in the US...

• Aerosoft
After checking out the German Website, I found out you are overcharging US customers.

US Pricing for a boxed FSX Airport= $34.99 (Way too high!)

German Pricing= 25.99 Euros (includes 4.15 Euro VAT or a 19% Tax)

With todays conversion (3-26) of US Dollars vs Euros the price should be $28.99 (excluding VAT) which is more realistic! :?

Note: We should not be paying European Taxes for product sold in the US...

I'll get our US representative answer this, but reast assured you are not paying EEC taxes for an order sold to the US.

Interesting to know if the prices are comparable. Because when I browse trough the shop pages I realize products which cost a little bit more than in the german shop but on the other hand there are products which are cheaper. For example the PMDG 747 for FSX. In the German Shop the price is nearly 80$. But don't know which effects the taxes or other influences have on the prices.

So, just interesting to know where the differences come from.

• Aerosoft
Well, today 1€ = 1.3273$ :!: http://www.ftd.de/

Of course you can always pick the download version, that would get you the same software for a lot less for the simple reason there is no shipping. You won't be paying EEC taxes for that as well of course. For example BudapestX would costs you $22. something

Guest AerosoftNA

Please note that for the boxed versions we normally will include BOTH versions of the airport (for FS2004 and FSX), like we do now with Budapest.

If we would ship it from Germany to North America it would take 4-5 weeks for at least US$ 13 or 4 days for approximately (only!) US$ 120 for delivery.

Hence Aerosoft has an office in North America to ship it to you between 1 and 5 business days for 6.95 US$ flat rate.

We also offer fixed prices for the boxed versions independent of the daily exchange rate for your currency.

Also note that all our prices include an "importing fee" (brokerage fees) for the boxed products delivered to you. (there are some exceptions for high value shipments) This prevents that you pay any kind of additional money upon delivery in the US.

This does NOT include your self assessment of taxes that you must submit to the IRS of course for products bought "out of state".

But those taxes are very individual and you know those rules best. (Hence it is a self assessment) ;-)

This message confuses me...my price conversion did not include shipping which is a minium of $6.95 which would suggest that one (1) boxed airport would/should cost $35.94 US (using the least expensive shipping) but your saying $41.94?

Please note that for the boxed versions we normally will include BOTH versions of the airport (for FS2004 and FSX), like we do now with Budapest.

If we would ship it from Germany to North America it would take 4-5 weeks for at least US$ 13 or 4 days for approximately (only!) US$ 120 for delivery.

Hence Aerosoft has an office in North America to ship it to you between 1 and 5 business days for 6.95 US$ flat rate.

We also offer fixed prices for the boxed versions independent of the daily exchange rate for your currency.

Also note that all our prices include an "importing fee" (brokerage fees) for the boxed products delivered to you. (there are some exceptions for high value shipments) This prevents that you pay any kind of additional money upon delivery in the US.

This does NOT include your self assessment of taxes that you must submit to the IRS of course for products bought "out of state".

But those taxes are very individual and you know those rules best. (Hence it is a self assessment) ;-)