Update: AES 1.4, more airports

• Aerosoft

What is new in Version 1.40:

New Service Vehicles:

At the moment, there is a Catering-Truck temporary implemented and will be optimized in the future. The Truck will drive without any notice about the situation at the parking position, so it’s possible, that the Truck has collisions with buildings or other parts on the apron at the moment. It is more a demo for future simulation in AES.

You can activate the Service Vehicle after you park the aircraft at the position and the „Blocks-in-Position“ Callout was done. Then open the AES-Menu (Ctrl-Shift-W) and press the F4-Key (Request Service Vehicles). The Catering-Truck will finish loading, when you request the Pushback in the same Menu. Note: Will only work with “larger” Aircraft, where the Door 1 is more then 1.20 Meter above the ground.

service.jpg

New Airports available:

Flytampa:

OMDB - Dubai (4 Credits)

Thanks again to Martin Brunken, without his support and sources, this airport would not be possible.

Simwings:

LEAL - Alicante (1 Credit)

LEAM - Almeria (1 Credit)

LEJR - Jerez (1 Credit)

LEMG - Malaga (2 Credits)

LEPP - Pamplona (0 Credit - free)

LEVC - Valencia (1 Credit)

LEXJ - Santander (1 Credit)

LXGB - Gibraltar (0 Credit - free)

GAP:

LOWI - Innsbruck (1 Credit)

EDFH - Frankfurt Hahn (1 Credit)

EDDB - Berlin Schoenefeld (1 Credit)

Attention!: EDDB Schoenefeld is optimized to be used with GAP4 and the freeware Addon fort he Pier 3A Extension of Helmut Maass, which can be found at www.avsim.com with filename eddb_pier3a.zip in the FS2004 Scenery Section

Other Changes:

• EDDF Stopp-points for Apron positions in front of T2 corrected

• EDDF Marschaller at position 90-100 better placed

• EDDH Sixt-Banner at inner side of jetway added

• KSEA Jetway at position S14 better placed and working now

• EDDV Pushback at position 18-20 changed

• Jetway visibility optimized (User configurable in the next version)

• Runway rain texture is changed to get the centerline lights better in view at night. Old file can be reactivated by renaming the file AES_RW1_T.ORG in AES_RW1_T.BMP.

Some technical notes:

1.) With some Aircrafts, it’s possible that you get smoke and crashes while pushback. In this case, normally it helps to decrement the value Static_cg_Height= x.x in the related Aircraft.cfg file in small steps (0.1) until the aircraft will work.

2.) When AES will not anymore start in the FS, after you have installed other Addons (of Lago or FSADDon for example), it is possible that the ViMa*.dlls are replaced by older once. In this case, you can copy this files from the <FSMain>AerosoftAESDLLSModules directory to the FSMain>Modules Folder to solve this issue.

Matthijs and Oliver (and the rest of the technicians),

This is a great surprise. I asked for catering at the forum, Oliver said "next month" (I wasn't counting on extra vehicles around the planes anymore with this update) and here it is. Bringing the food for my hungry travelers. I'm flabbergasted. I don't know what to say but, thanx ............ Great job done.

I asked for the truck with F4, and it's driving to my plane. It's working great.

Congrats Aerosoft :D

• Aerosoft
Matthijs and Oliver (and the rest of the technicians),

This is a great surprise. I asked for catering at the forum, Oliver said "next month" (I wasn't counting on extra vehicles around the planes anymore with this update) and here it is. Bringing the food for my hungry travelers. I'm flabbergasted. I don't know what to say but, thanx ............ Great job done.

I asked for the truck with F4, and it's driving to my plane. It's working great.

Congrats Aerosoft :D

Well, please note that the catering truck is added more or less to get feedback. I just saw it just now clip a wing of the aircraft it was servicing. But as you know we like to work WITH customers so sending out a beta bit as part of a good update makes sense.

Matthijs, Oliver and other Angels,

Well, guys, hats off to you and heads down to the ground! worshippy.gif

Not only did you add new airports, including my beloved Dubai and Innsbruck, but also initiated adding new vehicles as requested by many of us.

And the second came by surprise. Even my inborn suspiciousness has misled me this time.

All I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Now I'm rushing to buy yet another credit pack (surely not the last one).

You've got me forever as a client.

Looking forward to seeing airstairs (and Roissy) in the next version!

Best regards,

Rafal

Guest Olympic260

Great job with this new version.

One question regarding the setting of the catering truck. In any aircraft haven't found a way to set the R1 door.

If I have understood correcty by watching the truck it is placed at the same point where L1 door is set. But in order to set the gates in such way so that the open passenger door is not showing I have moved L1 towards the cockpit. I hope I make myself clear....

Is there a way to set the R1 door indepedantly than R1? I have tryied PMDG (737/747)

Chris

One question regarding the setting of the catering truck. In any aircraft haven't found a way to set the R1 door.

If I have understood correcty by watching the truck it is placed at the same point where L1 door is set. But in order to set the gates in such way so that the open passenger door is not showing I have moved L1 towards the cockpit. I hope I make myself clear....

Is there a way to set the R1 door indepedantly than R1? I have tryied PMDG (737/747)

Chris

That would interest me too!

Greetz

Nizar

• Developer

Chris

Hi,

I will correct that problem in the next version. Then I will contact the Jetways per default more to the left (middle of jetway at left side of the L1/L2 door) and the Truck to the rear side of the opposit door (also left of R1), so that, if the truck only cover the half of his wide, he fit to the door.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I will correct that problem in the next version. Then I will contact the Jetways per default more to the left (middle of jetway at left side of the L1/L2 door) and the Truck to the rear side of the opposit door (also left of R1), so that, if the truck only cover the half of his wide, he fit to the door.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

See guys?

A project like AES is not something that we make and ship, it is a conversation between the developer (Oliver) and customers. Keep sending in comments and requests. if it is hard to do it might never happen but you'll be amazed how much Oliver was able to do in response to customer comments. AES is a product that we'll never call 'stable and finished'. It is in eternal development. it will always work as we advertise it does, but it will not be a closed development for a long time.

We'll say 'no' a lot, but if you don't ask we won't know what you, the customer, is looking for. We are not hiding that AES is a major hit, both in commercial aspects as in feedback. It is a smashing product and it keeps people from moving to FSX (pssst.. got that from Redmond this weekend). Oliver is listening, we are listening, so talk to us.

Matthijs,

Well said. I'm not moving to FSX for a long, long time since I have AES. I think this will count for much of us simmers.

One question (naybe two). Is it my rig, or are the lightmaps of the vehicles a bit dark? And did I do something wrong, but don't they have headlights that are not shining on the ground?

• Developer
Matthijs,

Well said. I'm not moving to FSX for a long, long time since I have AES. I think this will count for much of us simmers.

One question (naybe two). Is it my rig, or are the lightmaps of the vehicles a bit dark? And did I do something wrong, but don't they have headlights that are not shining on the ground?

The Bitmap are not final and the frontlight don't shine to ground yet.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Oliver,

You have done it again! :D I love it and can't wait for the next surprise. :idea: What's next, a baggage loader, fuel truck or stairs at the gates that don't have jetways? :idea:

Oliver,

You have done it again! :D I love it and can't wait for the next surprise. :idea: What's next, a baggage loader, fuel truck or stairs at the gates that don't have jetways? :idea:

I agree.....definitely the best utility product I have purchased for my FS9 :lol:

Waiting to have the rest of the other service vehicles implemented.......hopefully soon :wink:

Oliver,

I agree.....definitely the best utility product I have purchased for my FS9 :lol:

Waiting to have the rest of the other service vehicles implemented.......hopefully soon :wink: