Several problems

Raffael Walther

Hello

I'm getting a bit angry because I've spent a lot of time for a flight from EHAM to EDDF on VATSIM which I actually wanted to start 1 hour ago. But now there are just problems and I've already lost a lot of time. First of all: I already made several flights that went well! However, today I wanted to fly with this KLM from Holgi:

The problems started when I could not enter anything into the LEFT MCDU. I already had this issue serval times but up to know I could always solve it by just restarting the FSX. But this time I didn't succeed.... I then tried it with another Aerosoft A320 Livery

and the LEFT MCDU worked again. After that I tried several other liveries (even pre-installed) but the MCDU didn't work in any of them!

After that I decided to completely uninstall and reinstall the product as suggested here (of course not with 1.30f but with 1.31!):

• I did everything (except of the uninstallation of the product) as Administrator (not only administrative privileges but logged in as Administrator!)
  • I've switched of my virus scanner for all installations and starting FSX

But then there was a new problem: FSX kept crashing on startup saying that there is an error in RAAS Professional?!?!

Could this be because I've started FSX as Administrator after the installation of the Airbus (which I thought would be a good idea...)?

After deactivating RAAS I could successfully load FSX with the KLM Livery mentioned above. First it seemed that it now work because I was above to manipulate the LEFT MCDU, however I was not able to open the DOORS in the RIGHT MCDU anymore (when clicking on any door there was just nothing happening). So I restarted FSX again but then the RIGHT MCDU didn't work again...... *angry*

I have:

• Windows 10
  • FSX SP2
  • Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 v1.31
  •  

Regards

Raffael Walther

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, Raffael Walther said:
  • I did everything (except of the uninstallation of the product) as Administrator (not only administrative privileges but logged in as Administrator!)

And that's exactly the problem. You need to be logged in with your standard user and run the installer as administrator from there. The reason for this is, that certain parts of the installation will be placed into the user folder. So in your case they ended up in the user folder of the admin, and are therefore not reachable/existent for your standard user.

Unfortunately it still does not work :(.

I did the following:

1. Login with Administrator account
  2. Uninstalled "Aerosoft's - Airbus A320-A321 - FSX" from Windows Control Panel ("Systemsteuerung" in German)
  3. Manually delected the following folder:
    • E:\Documents (that's where my windows-documents folder is located)
    • [FSX main folder]\Aerosoft\Airbus_A320_A31
    • [FSX main folder]\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback
    • [FSX main folder]\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder
  4. Two reboots
  5. Login with Administrator account
  6. Deactivated Virus Scanner and started installation of AS_AIRBUS-A320-A321_FSX-P3DV2-P3DV3-FSXSTEAM_V131.exe
  7. Cancelled installation after reading Tom A320's answer above
  8. Reboot
  9. Login with my account
  10. Deactivated Virus Scanner and started installation of AS_AIRBUS-A320-A321_FSX-P3DV2-P3DV3-FSXSTEAM_V131.exe (including RAAS)
  11. Two reboots
  12. Login with my account
  13. Copied Navigraph-folder (which I had previously backed up) back to [FSX main folder]\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback
  14. Started Aerosoft.AirbusX.A320_21.Configurator.exe with administrative privileges
    • Set Navigation Data Source to Navigraph
    • Activated German Voice packs
  15. Started Livery_Manager_A320_A321.exe with administrative privileges
    • Installed the KLM and Swiss Livery
  16. Started FSX with administrative privileges
    There was again an error saying that a has occurred with RAAS Professional. However this time FSX itself did not crash!
  17. Tried LEFT MCDU again but it still does not work...

No, I haven't.

However, I wanted to give it another chance...

18. Started FSX with administrative privileges

19. Loaded a flight with Swiss Livery => LEFT MCDU worked

20. Restated FSX with administrative privileges

21. Loaded a flight with KLM Livery => LEFT MCDU did not work

22. Started FSX with administrative privileges

23. Loaded again a flight with Swiss livery => LEFT MCDU did not work

24. Changed Navigation Data Source back to NavDataPro

25. Restated FSX with administrative privileges

26. Loaded a flight with KLM livery => LEFT MCDU did not work

27. Restated FSX with administrative privileges

28. Loaded a flight with one of the default liveries (Easyjet) => LEFT MCDU did not work

To me its seems like there would be a problem with the KLM Livery as well because it sometimes works with the Swiss Livery but it had never worked with the KLM Livery. But maybe this was just pure chance!

Could one of the following points be a problem?

• My system is set to Swiss German
  • My Windows' Documents folder is on another drive (Point 3).
  • I use Windows 10
  • When I loaded an Aerosoft Airbus for the very first time (some weeks day ago) I got serval messages from FSX asking to permit access to certain files. Do you know what I mean? Unfortunately I can't find any of those files to make an example. There's just a Window popping up asking (as far as I remember) if FSX shall be approved to use certain files (like for example Gauges). Those messages are normal, that's not the problem. BUT: today they didn't come up! So, could it be that those files were still there even after completely uninstalling the airbus and thus were not correctly replaced by some corrected versions? If yes: Can you please tell me which files I should delete before trying to reinstall it again?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I will give that livery a try myself. But not tonight any more. 

The permit access requests are ok and need to be accepted.
I also don't see a problem with your Swiss German Windows, Windows 10 or the fact, that your user folder is somewhere else (as long as you have told Windows where it is).

I will try the livery myself tomorrow and will come back to you.

Hello

vor 16 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

The permit access requests are ok and need to be accepted.

I know that they are normal, that is not the point.

The point is, that the did NOT come up again today after uninstalling and reinstalling the complete product!

This leaded me to the following consideration: Those files (the ones that need access permissions) were not correctly uninstalled and thus not replaced by the files belonging to v1.31.

Regards

Raffael Walther

I just found this thread and created a posting there too:

And I have to admit that I'm actually not sure if it ever worked after updating to v1.31 (from 1.30f). However with v1.30f I've made several flights where the LEFT MCDU was working properly.

Ok it seems that I've just found the reason and solution for my problem. In my default flight I was using the Swiss A320. So when starting FSX this aircraft was already preloaded. Now, when switching to another livery (like the KLM) this seemed to cause problems because the Aerosoft Airbus does not like reloads (as I read or headers somewhere - maybe on YouTube or in a manual). I've no changed the aircraft or my default flight to a Cessna and since then it works even with the KLM!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived