Top marks !!!

Skinny

I’ve just recently purchased a new computer and had to do a total reinstallation of everything I own. I’ve been at it for weeks and I’m still not finished.

I’m also beginning to buy apps for FSX now (I really hadn’t planned on doing that, but Aerosoft’s Beaver got me back on the buying bandwagon primarily because the price was just too good to pass up and the Beaver kicks butt!)

Anyway, the entire reinstallation process has been a royal pain in the proverbial butt! Problems after problems, after problems.

Here’s a short list of why I like Aerosoft’s apps and why I’ll continue to be a customer.

1) App are of excellent/top quality. If they weren’t, the items below would be meaningless.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

2) Customer support is excellent! Some forums make you use your real name otherwise they refuse to answer your questions. I’m ‘Puppy’ and if I spend $100 to $400 buying a company’s apps, I’ll ask my questions as ‘Puppy’. My real name is ‘Larry’, it’s not a secret, but I want to be ’Puppy’. Aerosoft let’s me be ‘Puppy’.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

3) Some forums that consist of 10,000 or more posts and 100s upon 100s of pages expect you to either search/read those posts prior to posting or you get chastised for posting a previously asked question. The screenie below is what Aerosoft’s support is like.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

4) I’m *fighting* with some of my installers that connect to the Net. The apps are all paid for and I have the receipts, but I’m still having problems getting some of them to work. A few took 2-3 installs to finally activate them and one still can’t be activated. It’s costing me wasted time trying to install what I paid for. My Aerosoft apps are flowing into my computer as fast as I can install them. They dumped the Internet checks and now it’s a breeze reinstalling them again. In fact, I can install them 500X an hour if I have a mind to.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

5) One plane I bought only allows you 3X to try to download it and then you’re cut off! Then on top of that, they limit your download speed to slower than a modem. On an 80MB download, it took me all afternoon to get the app and when I went to get the 40MB update, my Internet connection timed-out because the download was so slow. I only had 2X more times to try and by luck I got it on the 2nd try. Then they posted an entirely new version (with the update already installed), I tried to get it, but couldn’t. My Internet timed-out on me again, so I just gave up trying any further. Aerosoft gives you your downloads at DSL speeds.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

6) On one particular (and complicated) plane, the manual is so paper-thin that it’s useless. Even their configuration utility isn’t explained and I haven’t even a clue what to do with 80% of the settings. I paid good money for the plane and got a useless manual with it. Aerosoft’s manuals are complete and each and every detail is explained to you in easy terms.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

So now I’m about to begin buying all over again for FSX. It’s a no-brainer where my money will be going. Companies like Aerosoft (and some other awesome ones) will be getting my money and those other companies will be left by the wayside. I haven’t the time or the patience anymore to spend 1-2 hours trying to get one program to work when I can buy from Aerosoft and be flying or enjoying the scenery app 10 minutes after the purchase.

I hope this doesn’t sound too flowery, but when a company does something *RIGHT* it should be mentioned on a public forum.

Pups

• Aerosoft
I’ve just recently purchased a new computer and had to do a total reinstallation of everything I own. I’ve been at it for weeks and I’m still not finished.

I’m also beginning to buy apps for FSX now (I really hadn’t planned on doing that, but Aerosoft’s Beaver got me back on the buying bandwagon primarily because the price was just too good to pass up and the Beaver kicks butt!)

Anyway, the entire reinstallation process has been a royal pain in the proverbial butt! Problems after problems, after problems.

Here’s a short list of why I like Aerosoft’s apps and why I’ll continue to be a customer.

1) App are of excellent/top quality. If they weren’t, the items below would be meaningless.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

2) Customer support is excellent! Some forums make you use your real name otherwise they refuse to answer your questions. I’m ‘Puppy’ and if I spend $100 to $400 buying a company’s apps, I’ll ask my questions as ‘Puppy’. My real name is ‘Larry’, it’s not a secret, but I want to be ’Puppy’. Aerosoft let’s me be ‘Puppy’.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

3) Some forums that consist of 10,000 or more posts and 100s upon 100s of pages expect you to either search/read those posts prior to posting or you get chastised for posting a previously asked question. The screenie below is what Aerosoft’s support is like.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

4) I’m *fighting* with some of my installers that connect to the Net. The apps are all paid for and I have the receipts, but I’m still having problems getting some of them to work. A few took 2-3 installs to finally activate them and one still can’t be activated. It’s costing me wasted time trying to install what I paid for. My Aerosoft apps are flowing into my computer as fast as I can install them. They dumped the Internet checks and now it’s a breeze reinstalling them again. In fact, I can install them 500X an hour if I have a mind to.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

5) One plane I bought only allows you 3X to try to download it and then you’re cut off! Then on top of that, they limit your download speed to slower than a modem. On an 80MB download, it took me all afternoon to get the app and when I went to get the 40MB update, my Internet connection timed-out because the download was so slow. I only had 2X more times to try and by luck I got it on the 2nd try. Then they posted an entirely new version (with the update already installed), I tried to get it, but couldn’t. My Internet timed-out on me again, so I just gave up trying any further. Aerosoft gives you your downloads at DSL speeds.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

6) On one particular (and complicated) plane, the manual is so paper-thin that it’s useless. Even their configuration utility isn’t explained and I haven’t even a clue what to do with 80% of the settings. I paid good money for the plane and got a useless manual with it. Aerosoft’s manuals are complete and each and every detail is explained to you in easy terms.

TOP MARKS to Aerosoft!

So now I’m about to begin buying all over again for FSX. It’s a no-brainer where my money will be going. Companies like Aerosoft (and some other awesome ones) will be getting my money and those other companies will be left by the wayside. I haven’t the time or the patience anymore to spend 1-2 hours trying to get one program to work when I can buy from Aerosoft and be flying or enjoying the scenery app 10 minutes after the purchase.

I hope this doesn’t sound too flowery, but when a company does something *RIGHT* it should be mentioned on a public forum.

Pups

Thanks, the whole office is printing this message and we will all send a copy via internal mail to our CEO. Next week we'll start talking about upgrading the company cars.

Now was that ferari.com or ferrari.com?

• Aerosoft

Ferrari? :roll: Get a Koeningsegg 8) :lol:

No dealer in France. Besides I do have my Lotus Elise if I want to drive a car that falls apart once a week and lack any form or creature comfort. And they do not make convertibles and my midlife crises demands no roof cars.

Hey Skinney puppy,

Your article was right on the money couldnt have said it better myself i too have been to other sites and it was a total waste of my time and money I think other companies should take a look at Aerosoft's manual under CUSTOMER SERVICE and paste it on there wall. and you right also about some of the manuals they are a joke 1 or 2 pages at most with a couple of pics whats the use of that geeez. Anyways Aerosoft is five stars in my book.

Richard :D

But Pups... save some of your money for that 'other' nice company (and forum), eh ? :wink: :lol: Mathijs is not the only guy who needs you to finance his midlife crisis ! 8)

You’re right of course François! I just don’t like to mention other companies’ names on any forum except their own, but we all know who the really great companies are.

As you know, I’m doing yet another install, and your apps, Aerosoft’s and a few other company’s apps are already back in and running. Now I’m playing the ‘wait’ game to get registration codes and/or reactivations from some others.

And when I write anything negative about a particular company’s products, I never mention names since it could be just my own bad experience with them (and might be an isolated instance) or even just my personal impressions of them and others may or may not agree with my views.

I’d imagine that almost every simmer buys from quite a few places, so reading between the lines of what I wrote above, it’s not hard to guess the places I was making references to.

Pups (on his 3rd install in under 3 months)

P.S. Yup, you and Mathijs will be getting probably 90% of my FSX $$$... and FS9 $$$ too, since you're both keen on supporting FS9 for awhile yet. I can run FSX easily on my new computer, but I still really like and use FS9.