United A320 request

RFicklin

• 2 weeks later...

Have no idea why you have to be Bill Gates to install a repaint , it isn't rocket science , so you don't have to work for NASA either . Other developers do not even supply a Livery Manager , so you have to do it the " old fashioned " way by copying and pasting . That the installation folders have been changed with each version of the Bus is hardly the repainters fault . Expecting a NEW version of a paint each time anything changes is maybe expecting too much . With a small amount of effort on your part ( the downloader ) as outlined in the linked post above , you will have your repaint installed and working .

The repaint in question works perfectly well in each version of the AirbusX , AirbusX Extended and the latest A320/321 , with the possible exception of the VC textures ( the registration and selcal codes - if supplied ) . Simply saying it doesn't work is just not true if you follow the simple instructions in my post .

Normally you just copy/paste a livery texture folder, with Airbus you have to paste some into texture, some into common root texture folders, and some into god know where else... and I don't want to add/paste any files into the common texture folders and over write the originals.

Just recently I got a new livery for Delta A319, it was just a texture folder, that's it. You paste it into the A319 CFM aircraft and add livery section to aircraft.cfg and finished. With older liveries you have to spend 1/2 day pasting textures into different root folders and overwriting.

If you are a hobbyist painter, please accept my high respect and appreciation for your work already done. No demands of course, only "Thank yous". But if you are a painter for Aerosoft (part of team), it's a different matter, then we are allowed to request because it has to do with geshaft :) 

3 hours ago, sanyok said:
3 hours ago, sanyok said:

Normally you just copy/paste a livery texture folder, with Airbus you have to paste some into texture, some into common root texture folders, and some into god know where else... and I don't want to add/paste any files into the common texture folders and over write the originals.

Just recently I got a new livery for Delta A319, it was just a texture folder, that's it. You paste it into the A319 CFM aircraft and add livery section to aircraft.cfg and finished. With older liveries you have to spend 1/2 day pasting textures into different root folders and overwriting.

If you are a hobbyist painter, please accept my high respect and appreciation for your work already done. No demands of course, only "Thank yous". But if you are a painter for Aerosoft (part of team), it's a different matter, then we are allowed to request because it has to do with geshaft :) 

First of all I am just another forum member , have absolutely nothing to do with Aerosoft .

If you decide NOT to accept the " help " you've been given , fair enough . I am sure that Holger will re-visit ALL of his AirbusX and Extended paints ( i.e. all paints made before Dec 2014 ) to make them compatible just for you . The whole point of my original post is to save other painters having to do just that .

Nowhere in my post did I mention that you have to alter anything in the " root texture folders " , so don't know where you get that idea from . The whole idea of the texture.cfg is that any textures that are " missing " , are " found " and used from the Base folders , nothing is overwritten . Otherwise all repaints would have to include ALL textures as are found in the Base folder increasing the size of the download and for you , the amount of space taken up on your hard drive ( and negating the need for a Base folder in the first place ) .

As for spending " half a day " installing a texture , exaggerate much do we ?

Archived