Known issues regarding Aerosoft software and Windows Vista:

Shaun Fletcher

Hello Folks, some important information regarding Microsofts new OS and Aerosoft products. There could be more and we'll keep you informed. Feel free to contact us for more information (and also if you HAVE more information)

- FSC7 CD and FSC8 CD - Installer is not VISTA compatible, the

download version FSC 8 version is already Vista compatible.

- FDC 3.X Installer works, but the program not, VISTA-Version is being completed.

- Mega Airport Frankfurt - CD copy protection is not VISTA compatible

- PMDG 747 CD - CD copy protection is not VISTA compatible

In general Aerosoft will always advise Vista as long as you got the hardware to handle it. It looks good, works good and is safe.

• 1 month later...

Hi Shaun

I have just built a new P.C and reloaded all addons . Only had one problem that is with LTU 2005 error message ( requires widows xp or higher) Is it compatable

TJ

Hi Shaun

I have just built a new P.C and reloaded all addons . Only had one problem that is with LTU 2005 error message ( requires widows xp or higher) Is it compatable

TJ

Hi,

I got the PMDG 747 CD finally working with vista.

You have to check the "run as admin" box in the properties of the exe file. Don't select it directly with the context menu that wont work.

Browse to your CD drive in Computer or Windows Explorer.

Find the CD's setup exe file.

Right click on it and chose the "Properties" option.

Select the "Compatibility" tab.

Place a check in the "run as admin" option

Jan-Paul

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine won't accept me using the run as admin check box. It's a pain as it means I have a 747 that I paid a lot of money for and have only used once (and that to do an airshow) and I can't use it anymore. Talk about penalise everyone for a minority. :shock:

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just to let you know not to fall into the trap I did, I managed to get my 747 working again. Sorry to the guys at Aerosoft, but so others don't have my issue from above here's the solution.

1/ make sure that when you try to install this product that User Account Control is turned ON. If UAC is off you cannot set the install program to run as Administrator permanently, which is what caused my problem.

2/ go to properties and select the compatibility tab, now you can tick the run as administrator checkbox, save and exit, now install your lovely Queen of the Skies. Yes.

:D :oops:

• Aerosoft
Hi all, just to let you know not to fall into the trap I did, I managed to get my 747 working again. Sorry to the guys at Aerosoft, but so others don't have my issue from above here's the solution.

1/ make sure that when you try to install this product that User Account Control is turned ON. If UAC is off you cannot set the install program to run as Administrator permanently, which is what caused my problem.

2/ go to properties and select the compatibility tab, now you can tick the run as administrator checkbox, save and exit, now install your lovely Queen of the Skies. Yes.

:D :oops:

Okay I made sure our customer support knows about it.