AES problems/query

JohnT

I have just installed this program and bought a credit pack.

My query concerns the statement on the AEShelp window "Free Credits", am I to take it that "free" , should mean "Unused" ?

If not where have my bought credits gone?

In the interim I enabled EDDF to "Full" status, started FS9 and placed an AB320 at gate 49. I then started AESHELP and selected Aircraft configuration.

I am now presented with a window, with the statement "Error while connecting Flightsim.Please start FS and place aircraft on active AES Airport"

Also there is a box above language selection which is alternating between "Local" with a green background and "Disconnected" on a red background.

Any ideas where I go from here.

• Developer
I have just installed this program and bought a credit pack.

My query concerns the statement on the AEShelp window "Free Credits", am I to take it that "free" , should mean "Unused" ?

If not where have my bought credits gone?

In the interim I enabled EDDF to "Full" status, started FS9 and placed an AB320 at gate 49. I then started AESHELP and selected Aircraft configuration.

Maybe I missunderstand your question: When you install AES, you have 0 Free credits and you can only have the "0 Credits" Airports in FULL mode.

When you by a Credit, you get a serial number you enter in AESHelp. Then you have 10 Free (usable) Credits. If you set EDDF to FULL Mode, 5 Credits will be used and you then have 5 Free (usable) Credits for other airports.

I am now presented with a window, with the statement "Error while connecting Flightsim.Please start FS and place aircraft on active AES Airport"

Also there is a box above language selection which is alternating between "Local" with a green background and "Disconnected" on a red background.

Did you have marked the checkbox in front of EDDF in AES and saved the this change, then Restarted the FS, before you placed the aircraft in the FS in EDDF? If you not have restarted FS after checking the EDDF airport, AES ins not loaded in EDDF an so you will lost the connection, when you try to change any setting.

When this was the error, also take care, that after you have successfull changed the door Parameters, that you restart the FS again, before you try to park the aircraft, otherwise the FS will maybe read the wrong offsets.

One other tip: It is better to place the aircraft somewhere in the runway or free apron, while you change the setting, because there you have more place around the aircraft to look in outsideview.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Oliver,

Thanks, I had restarted FS9 so many times I omitted to restart after Configuring the aircraft.

So the term "Free" is to be read as "Unused credits", I understand now.

Could you tell me which gates at EDDF will take an A320, as I have tried D9/D10 and all I get is the audio message " Locked in position, welcome" but no Gate movement. I did the CTRL+Shift+W and selected the Gate No, parking brakes on and doors open.

• Developer
Oliver,

Thanks, I had restarted FS9 so many times I omitted to restart after Configuring the aircraft.

So the term "Free" is to be read as "Unused credits", I understand now.

Could you tell me which gates at EDDF will take an A320, as I have tried D9/D10 and all I get is the audio message " Locked in position, welcome" but no Gate movement. I did the CTRL+Shift+W and selected the Gate No, parking brakes on and doors open.

All position in EDDF should be useable with a A320.

If you have allready the "Welcome", you not should get a Menu where you can select a gate (like the Followme)?

Can you please try to move the aircraft (maybe in Slewmode) to the position and take care about the visual Guidance Board at the wall. If there is no A320, use "other Type" to stop.

When you place the Aircraft via the FS Menu "Go to Airport" it is possible that your Afcad Position is not exact as needed to work.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Hi Oliver,

First off. sorry for the delay in answering, but your reply came in as I was FL330 over your head (Germany) enroute Athens.

Now I have tried as you suggested, ie slewing away from the gate, then coming back in while watching the indicator board and positioning as per "Other aicraft". two things happen :-

1) I still get the welcome message.

2) The lights go on at the airgate. but it still does not come into the aircraft.

I gave up with this excersise and did a flight from EDDM to EDDF and after landing called up the "Follow me" car. While using F2 to scroll the gates, the engines spooled up and I found holding F2 was a no-no.

Anyway the car did lead me to the correct gate and it would seem this aspect of the program is working as intended.

If you go to a non airgate spot ieV99 does the little man actually place blocks at the nosewheel?

Regards

• Developer
Hi Oliver,

First off. sorry for the delay in answering, but your reply came in as I was FL330 over your head (Germany) enroute Athens.

Now I have tried as you suggested, ie slewing away from the gate, then coming back in while watching the indicator board and positioning as per "Other aicraft". two things happen :-

1) I still get the welcome message.

2) The lights go on at the airgate. but it still does not come into the aircraft.

I gave up with this excersise and did a flight from EDDM to EDDF and after landing called up the "Follow me" car. While using F2 to scroll the gates, the engines spooled up and I found holding F2 was a no-no.

Anyway the car did lead me to the correct gate and it would seem this aspect of the program is working as intended.

If you go to a non airgate spot ieV99 does the little man actually place blocks at the nosewheel?

Regards

Ok,

where is the man, after you get the "Welcome" message. Did you assign the Doorposition for your aircraft now?

Maybe you can try a default 737 aircraft, there the doors are set by default.

The F2 problem is known, because when the keyboard will present the Keypress more often as one frame, our Modules can't take the key out of the buffer, so the FS will see the press too.

The man will not place block yet.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Oliver,

Ihave been trying all day to attach 4 off .bmp images to show the problems,

but have had no success.

How is the above to be achieved, other than doing via a private E Mail?

I did try the default 737 and yes it worked. I then slewed back, changed aircraft to the Airbus and slewed back into position. I then found, for the gates to work , the plane had to be 2-3 Mtrs to the left of the apron line and the indicator board showing me displaced too far to the left.

If I can resolve the attachment problem the pictures will show all.

Regards JohnT

PS The AFCAD for EDDF Mega Scenery has not been altered.

• Developer
Oliver,

Ihave been trying all day to attach 4 off .bmp images to show the problems,

but have had no success.

How is the above to be achieved, other than doing via a private E Mail?

I did try the default 737 and yes it worked. I then slewed back, changed aircraft to the Airbus and slewed back into position. I then found, for the gates to work , the plane had to be 2-3 Mtrs to the left of the apron line and the indicator board showing me displaced too far to the left.

If I can resolve the attachment problem the pictures will show all.

Regards JohnT

PS The AFCAD for EDDF Mega Scenery has not been altered.

Is it still position D9/D10 you are testing? Which A320 did you use?

You can send you problem (with attachment) also to support@aerosoft.com via email.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Hi Oliver,

Just repeated flight EDDM-EDDF. Landed and called up the "Follow me" car.

Requested gate D9, followed the car right to the gate, parked and shutdown the engines and the Airgate came to the craft as it should.

The indicator board was correct and all appeared to be as it should.

Cannot explain why it worked this time and not the other times, except to say this time it was done in the sequence of an arrival procedure, as opposed to starting at the gate.

Will send the snapshots to the EMail address you gave if you think it will possibly help.

Thanks for the assistance to date.

Regards