AirfoilLabs C172 SP

Create an account or sign in to download this
1221 Downloads
4 From 1 review
48.58 kB File Size
  • Like 2

2 Screenshots

About This File

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant Template for the AirfoilLabs C172 SP. Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator (you need the latest version 2.0.0.1) or use the local load function.

if you need further assistance, please check out the following videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHMP5Kj3ebA&list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl

Not all buttons are mapped due to X-Plane providing a high level of flexibility within the GUI for assigning buttons and switches. Only those that aren't exposed or required conditions for more precise operation are mapped.

Please note this document was originally created by the Aerosoft team and I have simply 'borrowed' it to keep the level of information about this profile consistent with their approach.

I've created a couple of different types of button overlays. The second version is a @Hilversum4 design, to make it one piece and a bit more sturdy.

AirfoilLabs_C172_SP__Profile_Description.pdf

172_Button_Overlays.pdf

172_Button_Overlays_V2.pdf

For which Simulator

X-Plane

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Hilversum4

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great initiative. Thank you very much for sharing this.

Maybe I can suggest a minor change resp. addition.

1) I noticed the autopilot altitude setting changes only by 10 ft when you use the increase/decrease knob. In my opinion 100ft would be more usefull. You made it like this in your ZIBO Mod profile as well.

Tried to change it myself but did not succeed.

2) Would it be possible to bind one of the vacant switches to the fuel selector on/off trigger. I did it within X-plane itself but there it is only possible as a toggle function and also that is IMO not ideal. 

But again: the profile is already great as it is now.  

Response from the author:

Hi @Hilversum4,

Unfortunately on your first point, we're at the mercy of the aircraft developer and what they expose to us in the datarefs and commands. Zibo handles it in 100's and 172 handle it in 10's but I can't change either,  just tell it to go up and down. If they created new datarefs or commands with speed options like the EADT x737, then we would be able to take advantage of those.

Your second point is a bit easier. Just to confirm though, the Fuel Selector has Left, Right and Both. Did you mean this or the Fuel Shutoff Valve next to it? (You can PM me the answer or respond in the comments tab.)

Cheers,

Link to review

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use