Strange FMGS error

Brianwhtn53

HI All,

I have been having this strange thing happen when FSX closes. Every single time i end a flight using your airbus A3xx FSX crashes.

The event viewer tells me that it relates to FMGS.dll. This is going to be a long post, but i want to give as much info as possible.

Can i stress that is not happening during any part of the flight only at the end when i exit out of FSX, so more of an annoyance as i am not able to set airbus cold and dark or any other settings, as they are lost when the system crashes.

It happens with all 4 busses, any time of the day or night.

So let me explain the tests i have done so far to try and pin down the error. As it happened on an istallation with other add-ons, i decided to do a completely fresh installation, including re-installing Windows 7 Home edition. (fully updated to SP1 and all patches available) Made sure that all VC++ Redist were installed, that is 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and both x86 and x64 versions.

Installed FSX Acceleration restarting PC and loading at every stage of the installation. Left everything at default, apart from the HIGHMEMFIX tweak. No 3rd party add-on installed only Installed both airbus A318/A319 and A320/A321. Ran FSX, said yes to all windows that appear relating to the DLLs. Left the default flight in place. Started FSX, Went to EGKK (Gatwick) changed time of day so it was daytime, but left default plane (Trike) and loaded to gatwick at a parking spot. I then changed the aircraft to one of the airbuses, A320, as this is the one i fly all the time. Went through all the stages of setting flight up to go the EGPH(Edinburgh). Flew the flight as normal, no issues, landed safely, ended flight and error box came up, in fact 2 come up. I will attach the text from these error boxes.

This happens on any of the 4 airbuses. I do have logs as well, which i will attach.

OK My rig is as follows: MSI 970 Gamer motherboard, AMD FX 4.0GHzs 8350 8 core processor, gskills ripjaws 2*8 gbs 1800mhzs memory, but set to 1333 mhzs as standard, Nvidia 750TI graphics.(all settings are default, (no overclocking))

Win 7 is installed on 120 gb ssd OCZ, FSX installed on 250 gb ssd OCZ.

Airbus is Version 1.21 and updated to 1.21d. ( i have tried this without the updated and after the update and it makes no difference.)

Airbus files were downloaded from my account on Simmarket, which includes FSX, FSX-SE and P3D versions in one installation wrapper.

I hope we can get to the bottom of this as i think this is the best airbus on the market at the moment, even though it is heavy on FPSs.

I hope i have given you enough to work with, but i am sure you are going to ask me something i have not mentioned.

Regards

Brian

Well i think i have resolved the fault.

After extensive checks, switching settings on and off, it seems that the issue was concerning the webserver setting in the configurator.

I had this checked, but because i was not using the connect software, it was giving the CTD. Unchecking this option and all is ok.

Now whether this is a bug or just something indiginous to my setup i am not sure, but maybe someone can check.

For info, i use mainly Chrome as my default web browser, but also have IE 11 installed to the latest version.

By the way, if i do have the webserver checked, as long as i also use the connect software then i do not get the CTD.

I hope this also helps others.

I would like this checked at aerosoft though, just in case it is a bug!!

One other question, i few months ago it was announced that you were working on SP3 for the airbuses, do you have a release date, or have you now shelved this service pack?

Thanks

Thanks for the link to the sp3 upadte.

Should have searched more.

However, back to my original problem. Is this being checked as a bug?

The reason i ask is if i forget to disable the webserver, then the system will crash. Maybe it would have been better to design the connect software to automatically activate the webserver and de-activate the webserver, that would save a lot of messing about with setting it on to use the connect software and remembering to turn it off when connect software is not going to be used.

thanks

Archived