CRZ WIND and CG...somewhere to be found in PFPX?

After doing a couple of flights I'm starting to really like PFPX, sure is an amazing piece of software!

A couple of questions, is it possible to find the CRZ WIND as well as the CG value somewhere in the OFP or anywhere else that I missed? I'm doing all my flying in the NGX and I also have TOPCAT installed. For the weather I'm using ASN and I also configured PFPX to use ASN (which in turn is configured to use VATSIM weather) to make sure I always have the same weather as everyone else including ATC in the sim.

You use the Top-of-Climb winds for the FMS PERF INIT page,

Enroute winds are listed after the flightplan section for LEGS/DATA entry and descent forecast.

From the FMC guide the main purpose of the CRZ WIND entry on PERF INITpage is to optimize the ECON climb.

From the PFPX OFP you can retrieve the TOC winds and ISA temp difference.

Entering the enroute winds will give better time/fuel predictions and a descent forecast should give a better TOD calculation.

Ah, my bad. I thought CRZ WIND was supposed to be the average winds along the route. Thanks for the HU!

As for the winds for each waypoint I'm sure that would be good to have in there but since you are required to type all that in manually in the NGX it's very cumbersome. I don't have the 777 but I understood you can populate these fields automatically in that one. Maybe with some luck we'll eventually see that for the NGX as well in a future version.

It's generally not necessary to enter CRZ winds at each waypoint, just enter those listed in the OFP Wind Information section. The winds entered at point 'A' will carry through until a changed entry at point 'B'.

Certainly the T7 makes it easier with the import function but your likely to be flying significantly longer routes.

OK, I thought the OFP wind section included all waypoints along your route but haven't studied it in detail. Good to know, maybe I'll type in those waypoints included in the OFP on next flight and see if I find it worth the time and effort.

Tried putting in the winds on my current flight but looking at the numbers after doing that it really didn't seem to do much of a difference.

However I also found this thread on the same topic and after reading that one I guess putting in all winds we can will save us plenty of virtual fuel at the end of the day ;)

You might want to read PMDG-737NGX-Tutorial 2, pages 132-143. This has a wealth of information concerning winds and entry into the NGX. This tutorial was based upon using winds from ASN. Just substitute PFPX or your VATSIM weather. Use whatever weather conditions you will be flying thru

Archived